+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final Thread - Dons v Tinks

Has stevie may really banged eve Muirhead? I feel we need to clarify this before carrying on with the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    But even with what he lacked Rooney would score.

We now have a Cosgrove with 2 goals in a year

Stevie May who has 6 in 60 appearances

Wilson who looks like he doesn't want to be here who we must be paying a whack for on 2 goals in 12 games

5 between them this season. That's f@cking worrying stats
    All that is true but there's two points to it we are not going to spend a lot of time in the box against the Dhims and outside it Rooney was limited. Like it or not they are a stronger team and will dominate possession. I think slotting McLennan into McGinn's role with GMS on the other side and McGinn through the middle would be lightweight but they can all play football and (given a chance) score goals. The lack of planning in not replacing Rooney was a fck up but I am sure all on here were delighted when we signed May - got to question the due diligence perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Has stevie may really banged eve Muirhead? I feel we need to clarify this before carrying on with the thread.
    I'm pretty sure they were together so the chances are he did

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    All that is true but there's two points to it we are not going to spend a lot of time in the box against the Dhims and outside it Rooney was limited. Like it or not they are a stronger team and will dominate possession. I think slotting McLennan into McGinn's role with GMS on the other side and McGinn through the middle would be lightweight but they can all play football and (given a chance) score goals. The lack of planning in not replacing Rooney was a fck up but I am sure all on here were delighted when we signed May - got to question the due diligence perhaps?
    I'm beginning to think you know what you are talking about DonUnder. Another post on the money ... those times we spent before or after fitba discussing things in the pub obviously didn't go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    There was a Considine shaped hole in the middle of our defence for the goal

Considine was man-marking Edouard , and had kept fairly tight to him whenever there was a chance that the ball would be played to him. In the lead up to the goal Eduoard came very deep , almost to the half-way line when the Tims had possession just inside their own half, so Considine went so far with Eduoard , until it became obvious that even if the ball was played to him , there wasn't going to be any immediate danger seeing as he was so far from goal.

The cause of the goal from our point of view was the Celtic player who played it through for Christie being given too much time and space , and Christie's run not being tracked.......and I think at that particular moment , that was Shinnie's job. Also has to be said , that Christie still had a lot to do, but his first touch was very good and so was his reaction to getting the rebound.

Anyway , not down to Considine , and on the whole he certainly didna let us down yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    I'm beginning to think you know what you are talking about DonUnder. Another post on the money ... those times we spent before or after fitba discussing things in the pub obviously didn't go to waste.
    No time in the pub is wasted!

But look at their backline yesterday 3 out of 4 big lumps , doesn't do the red team on Merseyside or the Blue one in Manchester any harm to have a mobile small front 3. I know when we were playing (albeit at a really really low level) would rather face a big bruiser centre forward any day than one with touch and pace. You get away with a lot more against the big guys too as you may remember.

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    Just back to Englandshire so had a bit of 💭 no time whilst driving hame.
    First thoughts on today
    - DM should have played May not Cosgrove - not for goal threat but as we set up to defend, he’d have worked harder
    - DM got tactics spot on - game plan relied on cutting down their options by going man-to-man everywhere, closing down all their midfield/ attacking players quickly and only giving time on the ball to Boyata or Benkovic. Worked really well as we kept our shape and all players knew their job. We switched off twice first half - Ball gave Rogic a yard too much and he hit the post, and Shinnie let Christie beat him for pace at the goal.
    -DM gambled more than normal - McLennan on for GMS/ left 2 v 2 at back on our corners/ tried to get us passing the ball and playing quickly
    - Ferguson is some player - he worked hard, took it to the Thims and stood up to them, looked our biggest threat. Hard to believe he’s a loon of 18.
    - Dallas is useless. I’ve heard thepenalty was a joke, but he just doesnae understand football. Three egs - Corner given when Forrest dunked a cross straight out in 1st half. Anyone who has ever played could have said he’d hit it straight out with no deflection. 2. Second half when Shinnie’s runners no ball out of defence, thug Brown blocks him illegally but Dallas plays on giving an advantage presumably but GS momentum slowed so other Thim can win the ball - got to go back to 1st foul. 3. Late tackle on McKenna for obvious booking - he saw it and gave us advantage as we had ball, but when play stopped - for Thim free kick - he doesn’t go back and book him. It’s the many little decisions he gets wrong - 90% in Thim favour which are the issue!
    - We are toothless up front - although we did create a number of half-chances from set-plays, which was in the game-plan. This must be addressed in January.
    -Some of our fans are dic ks. Not just the pitch invader and the flare. Some tosser was arguing no with me and others about how crap we were playing. Now we got beat and I’m as gutted as all Dons fans, but you can only - to paraphrase - urinate with the appendage you’ve been given. We reduced the all-conquering Celtic to long balls, Forrest - the on-form Scotland star - was in Lowe’s hip pocket. Rodgers was forced to game manage with thug Brown and Ntcham. For once, I’d say DM out-thought BR as they got lucky to an extent.
    - The Thim mob don’t like it when people stand up to them and get in their faces - I liked the pushing and shoving and getting it right up them!! Sadly Dallas didn’t do his job and stand up to them too as they lost their heads at times, as they couldn’t handle a team having the temerity to give it them back!

Sorry for the lengthy post, but 4 and a half hours in a car makes you think..
    Still gutted but proud of the efforts of all, including the fans... it seemed like a 80/20 split in terms of noise!!
    COYR

Very good assessment. But I though DM really missed a trick. Had he (knowing how ****e our strike force is) played McLennan/Wright in McGinn position and McGinn through the middle a role McGinn relishes. This would have been far more effective IMO. But I suppose that would require managerial creative thinking. Still he almost got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Considine was man-marking Edouard , and had kept fairly tight to him whenever there was a chance that the ball would be played to him. In the lead up to the goal Eduoard came very deep , almost to the half-way line when the Tims had possession just inside their own half, so Considine went so far with Eduoard , until it became obvious that even if the ball was played to him , there wasn't going to be any immediate danger seeing as he was so far from goal.

The cause of the goal from our point of view was the Celtic player who played it through for Christie being given too much time and space , and Christie's run not being tracked.......and I think at that particular moment , that was Shinnie's job. Also has to be said , that Christie still had a lot to do, but his first touch was very good and so was his reaction to getting the rebound.

Anyway , not down to Considine , and on the whole he certainly didna let us down yesterday.
    I don’t think he should have been that far out of position, if he was in his proper position he probably would have headed the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don’t think he should have been that far out of position, if he was in his proper position he probably would have headed the ball away.
    You do know it wasn't bar football we were playing ?

Rooney wouldn't have played much against Sevco , but does anybody know what is goalscoring record against Celtic was like?

I do think we miss Rooney for the matches against the bottom six; however, I don't think yesterday would've been a game for him.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast