+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final Thread - Dons v Tinks

My random thoughts;

- we were well organised & worked very hard

- we have very little creativity. I never really felt we’d score.

- Andrew Dallas is a woefully bad ref. The penalty to the scum beggared belief.

- I thought McLennan did pretty well when he cane on. He beat more men in one half than McGinn has all season.

- we desperately need a striker & a “10”.

- Max Lowe our best player?

- Mikel Lustig is an abhorrent c**t who I hope breaks his twig legs in next game.

- Has Scott Brown been on the pies?

- Hamdung is a dreadful stadium - Row L behind the goal. Horrific view.

- Good to see those c***s police Scotland doing f**k all about persistent sectarian signing, but it took about 8 of them to apprehend that a******e that ran on to the pitch. What was he thinking incidentally?

- Our creativity will be zero at the B@stard Garden on Wednesday with GMS being out.

- Why wasn’t Christie sent off? 2 yellows. Oh aye, Dallas is a c**t.

- fair result overall I’d say.

- f**k the SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Molehill View Post
    Why did Scott Brown have a funny elastic band round his waist?
    I think it looks like he’d eaten Donsdaft’s butteries (rowies my erse).

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My random thoughts;

- I thought McLennan did pretty well when he cane on. He beat more men in one half than McGinn has all season.

- Mikel Lustig is an abhorrent c**t who I hope breaks his twig legs in next game.

- Good to see those c***s police Scotland doing f**k all about persistent sectarian signing, but it took about 8 of them to apprehend that a******e that ran on to the pitch. What was he thinking incidentally?

- Our creativity will be zero at the B@stard Garden on Wednesday with GMS being out.

- f**k the SFA.
    Good points, well made ... the only thing I disagree with is that the guy who ran on to the pitch created our second best chance or, if, it’s accepted that Considine was offside, which is academic, as he missed, possibility our best one; but ultimately he’s likely to have blown his chance to start in our next game as to have made it right into the box without getting a shot on goal is unforgivable ... May and Cosgrove et al, ought to be concerned though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Good points, well made ... the only thing I disagree with is that the guy who ran on to the pitch created our second best chance or, if, it’s accepted that Considine was offside, which is academic, as he missed, possibility our best one; but ultimately he’s likely to have blown his chance to start in our next game as to have made it right into the box without getting a shot on goal is unforgivable ... May and Cosgrove et al, ought to be concerned though.
    I actually thought mcginn did ok

Ever seen those tiny fat sumo wrestlers - he trains with them so as to be able to push opponents off the ball, thus compensating for his obvious lack of skill.

That was the remnants of his sumo drawers, after his last bout went wrong, and the big jap took him right up the ****, but I though he’d at least try to cover his sumo drawers up!
    Haha! Not a pretty sight

On the Considine effort in the first half - I think it was marginally offside - but it was a great save by Bain. Considine's effort from that chance showed he has more of an eye for goal than the striker we started with today, Cosgrove. On another occasion in first half GMS ripped through Celtic's defence and played in COsgrove in the box and rather than pull the trigger he took about 10 touches and played it 30 yards backwards.

If we had 1 chance in the whole game and the cup depended on it I would much rather that it fell to Considine than Cosgrove, May, or probably even Wilson (our 3 first choice strikers this season). That is how woeful we are up front. The commonly accepted weakest link in our team, who is a defender, is actually a bigger goal threat than our "recognised" strikers.

It wasn't that we played badly, we just had no threat at all once GMS went off. If I were the boss I'd give Anderson the starting position up front for a few games, with McLennan, McGinn and Wright behind him until GMS is fit again. Got to be more effective than Cosgrove, May, Wilson etc

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    On the Considine effort in the first half - I think it was marginally offside - but it was a great save by Bain. Considine's effort from that chance showed he has more of an eye for goal than the striker we started with today, Cosgrove. On another occasion in first half GMS ripped through Celtic's defence and played in COsgrove in the box and rather than pull the trigger he took about 10 touches and played it 30 yards backwards.

If we had 1 chance in the whole game and the cup depended on it I would much rather that it fell to Considine than Cosgrove, May, or probably even Wilson (our 3 first choice strikers this season). That is how woeful we are up front. The commonly accepted weakest link in our team, who is a defender, is actually a bigger goal threat than our "recognised" strikers.

It wasn't that we played badly, we just had no threat at all once GMS went off. If I were the boss I'd give Anderson the starting position up front for a few games, with McLennan, McGinn and Wright behind him until GMS is fit again. Got to be more effective than Cosgrove, May, Wilson etc
    Good points, I agree. If I was earning 30K/week, as opposed to a wee bit less than that, I think my endeavour might lessen.

The team needs freshened up & a couple of youngsters need a run.

We’ll never know if Anderson & McLennan will be good enough.

Give them both a run, starting at the B@stard Garden on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My random thoughts;

- f**k the SFA.
    Totally agree, good points well said.

Lowe, McKenna and Lewis were 7 and above, the rest did well, huffed and puffed but we haven't got the quality. Big plus with the young lads getting a run out but he has to keep doing this in the league.
    Christie MOM??? Didn't notice him in the 2nd half.

Bounce back and Stand Free

Should have started with McLennan or Wright with McGinn through the middle. with Cosgrove left back in Aberdeen.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast