+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final Thread - Dons v Tinks

87Kilos - didn't notice the Rogic one, but doesn't surprise me - our tactics really got to them and they couldn't cope. If Only the rebound hadn't fallen at Christie's feet from big Joe, I'm sure they would have lost the plot even more.... Brown, Forrest, Christie, Rogic and Lustig from what I saw, all might have got harsher treatment from a stronger ref.....

I want to see some extended highlights to confirm my impressions, but you really got the feeling that we got under their collective skins!!

And sorry for the realistic and fair assessment.... I'll try to cut that out!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Have to say I thought there would be a lot more negativity on here today considering we lost.

I guess we done ok without ever looking like scoring but at the end of the day we lost again.

I was walking back to the bus when the fans were singing that Derek McInnes song,looks like we do accept mediocrity after all aldo
    Everyone has given a fair assessment of the game but let's highlight it and have a pop anyway with the standard "realistic posts will not be tolerated on here" pish.

Celtic looked like they hadn't got out of third gear yesterday. Despite how well we played. They didn't need to worry with Cosgrove and Wilson up front. As someone else said, Considine would have been better starting up there.

I found myself signing that Derek McInnes song in the Shed to be fair Rico

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I was walking back to the bus when the fans were singing that Derek McInnes song,looks like we do accept mediocrity after all aldo
    That's f@cking moronic. Its also a big problem with our club
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 03-12-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Mason will be turning in his grave

Everyone has given a fair assessment of the game but let's highlight it and have a pop anyway with the standard "realistic posts will not be tolerated on here" pish.

Celtic looked like they hadn't got out of third gear yesterday. Despite how well we played. They didn't need to worry with Cosgrove and Wilson up front. As someone else said, Considine would have been better starting up there.

I wonder why Celtic "didn't" get out of 3rd gear yesterday!

It was more a case that Celtic couldn't get out of 3rd gear yesterday due to the way Aberdeen set up, toe to tow man for man and bossed them. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of your anti McInnes agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I wonder why Celtic "didn't" get out of 3rd gear yesterday!

It was more a case that Celtic couldn't get out of 3rd gear yesterday due to the way Aberdeen set up, toe to tow man for man and bossed them. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of your anti McInnes agenda.
    Bossed them my arse. They won 1-0

They didn't have to worry about the game after Christie scored cos we definitely weren't scoring.

Sorry for not being pro McInnes. I did say they played well. We still didn't win again though. Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    If I were the boss I'd give Anderson the starting position up front for a few games, with McLennan, McGinn and Wright behind him until GMS is fit again. Got to be more effective than Cosgrove, May, Wilson etc
    Yes definitely
    I doubt there is another manager in Scotland who would have played Cosgrove in the final.
    That's the better formation that McInnes should have played - after seeing Mclennan, who looks very decent; can hold, tackle & pass. Should be in midfield replacing Shinne ,. Considine can make way for someone.

Cosgrove, May, Wilson should be shipped out in January IMO

I thought we played quite well up to the GMS incident (pens are never given for head knocks are they???).
    Tactically, i thought McInnes did ok this time around, other than starting THE most useless football player ever to grace an AFC shirt (Maynard included in this list). We had zero up front, absolutely nothing. That was a shocking decision to play him. Even more shocking decision was the fact we paid money for him.

If McInnes genuinely thinks Cosgrove has a future then he should loan him out to someone like Dundee United and see how he copes.

Wilson should be punted and I expect he will. Unfortunately May might be away as well. Really gutted it hasn't worked out. Maybe a loan somewhere might suit him as well.

If McInnes genuinely thinks Cosgrove has a future then he should loan him out to someone like Dundee United and see how he copes.
    Good idea.

I suppose the only two managers who were delighted to see Cosgrove start yesterday were both standing on the touchline.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast