+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sheffield United - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    That is a big 3 points for us against the odds! ☺ I guess the only downside was an injury to another defender. Getting thinner and thinner back there... Does anyone know approx. how far Ayling or Berardi are from returning? Are they even at a reasonable level of training at this stage?
    I think for Ayling projected return is January, and Berardi is February. I don't think either of them are in full training yet. Bamford and Brown are a lot nearer, but that doesn't help our defence, unless we just go for the 'we'll score more than you' approach!

It doesnt say much for Harrison or Baker that Bielsa seems happier now to put Clarke and Shackleton on instead.

Especially Baker who is basically losing out now to a full back who can run around with a bit of energy rather than an actual centre midfielder. Which baffles me because both times I've seen Shackelton chucked on to do this hes looked like a completely lost dog chasing anything he can with no real purpose, not his fault by the way just odd that he is getting the nod ahead of Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I think for Ayling projected return is January, and Berardi is February. I don't think either of them are in full training yet. Bamford and Brown are a lot nearer, but that doesn't help our defence, unless we just go for the 'we'll score more than you' approach!

I think they're both like late in the month as well as far as I remember Berardi is basically late feb/early March (just in time for the title winning game at home hopefully) and Ayling is end of January so hopefully be back fully fit by mid feb.

Going to be interesting to see what the prognosis is with Cooper too. The way he slammed his fist on the ground, and then struggled to walk at all, sort of suggests an ACL injury or such. It certainly looks long term...and even possibly season ending! �� Fingers crossed....

3 more points - fu** 'lucky' suggestions too - We deserved them ........... Billy Sharp tamed too by our 6'6" Finnish gladiator ............ great to see Bielsa introduce our academy into matches like this and what an admirable entrance they contributed ...........

So the Messiah stated "It was a very tactical game. A draw would have been a fair result. I changed the game during the first half, we switched position with Roofe and Hernandez and this improved our game a lot. At the end of the day, the mistake made by the opponent, and their shot off the bar, decided the game.”
    Mmmm,very diplomatic not mentioning the dodgy Ref,shirt tugging & some bang out of order Blunts challenges particularly one by Sharp ..............

It appears the general consensus of opinion on here is how it was 'tho - so much atmosphere today and all the lads gave everything as did the fans behind the goal.
    Not seen the stats but probably 50/50 ball time wise but if football was scored like boxing then WE deserved the points as WE went for it attack wise when settling for a point would have suited other Championship sides ............... similar scenario to the big fight earlier with Fury floored twice,getting back up and counter punching with good use of his footwork till the end showing an inner belief that our team now aptly demonstrates,IMO.
    MOT

On the subject of shirt pulling...and I know I have stated this before. But the officials MUST start awarding more penalties against offenders. And that includes us if applicable. It has become a total farce when an attacker can't even make a fair play for the ball! Nobody wants to see a glut of penalties spoiling games...but it may only be in the short term, as I reckon managers will eventually stamp it out from their players if costing them games. Some of those replays from yesterday were disgraceful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    On the subject of shirt pulling...and I know I have stated this before. But the officials MUST start awarding more penalties against offenders. And that includes us if applicable. It has become a total farce when an attacker can't even make a fair play for the ball! Nobody wants to see a glut of penalties spoiling games...but it may only be in the short term, as I reckon managers will eventually stamp it out from their players if costing them games. Some of those replays from yesterday were disgraceful!
    Our lads starting doing a bit of it themselves in the second half, the way it was going with the ref I thought he would give them a penalty for it - He is supposed to be ok normally so got knows what hapenned yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Our lads starting doing a bit of it themselves in the second half, the way it was going with the ref I thought he would give them a penalty for it - He is supposed to be ok normally so got knows what hapenned yesterday
    All teams will be involved in it...including us....simply because if you don't, then the opposition is getting an unfair advantage. That's why ALL officials need to bite the bullet in ALL games to help eradicate it! Others may not see it the same, but I believe it fringes on cheating.

to start with if you can blatently see its deliberate shirt pull then yellow or red card them, and do it for every shirt pull you see, it will encourage all of them to stop it eventually

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)