+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Sheffield United - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder could name the same side that started Tuesday's win at Brentford.

Defender George Baldock (illness) is available again while Leon Clarke, who scored the winner against the Bees, is pushing for a starting spot.

Leeds United defender Pontus Jansson could return after missing the last two games with a foot injury.

Midfielder Samu Saiz could start after coming on at half-time against Reading on Tuesday.

Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder told BBC Radio Sheffield:

"In my time here we've had possibly one of the most settled teams but there are times through the season that you have to change it up.

"If we can get a positive result then we can look back on this week from a points position in a good light and learn valuable lessons from Saturday's draw at Rotherham.

"The players came roaring back on Tuesday and hopefully we're back to where we want to be but we know there'll be bumps in the road.

"Where both teams are in the league does add to the game. It's always been a lively affair - it's a proper Yorkshire derby."

Match facts:

Sheffield United have lost just one of their past 11 matches against Leeds in all competitions (W7 D3), a 1-0 defeat in September 2010 in the Championship at Elland Road.

Leeds have not won at Bramall Lane since April 1992, during the season they won the top-flight title - they are winless in eight games since (D2 L6).

Sheffield United striker Billy Sharp has scored six goals in his last four league appearances against Leeds - one more than he managed in 33 games for the Whites during the 2014-15 season (five goals).

Leeds have scored at least once in each of their past 10 away league games - they have not scored in 11 such games consecutively since August 2001 while in the Premier League (12 games).

Sheffield United are currently unbeaten in eight league games at Bramall Lane (W5 D4); they have not gone longer without defeat there in a single season since March 2014 while in the third tier.

Leeds United's Pablo Hernandez has scored four goals in his past five away league games, as many as he had netted in his previous 49 on the road.

2 - 2.

NB. 12:30PM KO.

MOT.

Fearing the worst to be honest..take a draw.

MOT

We're actually gonna beat them 1 - 3, but if predict that in prediction league, we'll get emptied.

Doesn't read well that intro Andy - time we had a win there and put their home record in the bin - though I'd accept a draw right now

Fearing a West Brom but hoping that we’ve learnt from that terrible humiliation-best test so far this season for me and I will take a draw but it’s a game I reckon we can take all 3 points.

I'd genuinely take a 1-0 defeat right now.

Sheff Utd will bring pace, precision and accurate finishing.

Much like I said against West Brom this will either be a 4/5 goal drubbing or.......no you know what I don't even think we would drub them. Its either we get smashed or they have an off day and we get a lucky draw

Avoid a walloping and keep the goals for tally looking healthy..doubt Sheff United will have an off day against us.
    Last edited by Rev72; 01-12-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Is it too early to start on the JD

Michael Brown on Sky giving his twopenneth we could do with on the pitch for five minutes to do Sharps legs.

Disappointing that Saiz is on the bench again - he has certainly livened things up in the last few matches and I think he deserves a start ahead of Alioski or maybe even Klich?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)