+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea.

Swansea.

Getting back to football. We’ve got a decent record against Swansea but it counts for nothing at 3.00 tomorrow.
    Any side with McBurnie and Bony in poses a threat and there have to be concerns against a team who have largely underachieved so far this season. We really need three points to stay up with the leaders and they need them just as much to stay in touch. Difficult afternoon in prospect imo, though I doubt it’ll be as physical as at Stoke.
    I’ll go for a narrow 2-1 victory.

We really need to take the 3 points from this one, it would be nice to keep a clean sheet as well but can't see that happening! Our defence still concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    We really need to take the 3 points from this one, it would be nice to keep a clean sheet as well but can't see that happening! Our defence still concerns me.
    Well we did the first bit...and came close to the second. Good win which keeps us nicely positioned at this stage of the season. Do seem to lack the killer instinct though and I can’t help feeling the January window is going to define our season. Wanted...fit ‘old head’...an on pitch ‘director’ and ‘enforcer’. A Stimac or an Osman please...any suggestions?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 02-12-2018 at 10:04 AM.

How about Frank getting in Gary Cahill on loan, can't seem to get a game for Chelsea?

RA. Agree with all you say But will we still be in the mix come Jan. I'm not to sure we will injuries really starting to bite now As for yesterday it was like being at a practice match Don't know how Swansea had only conceded 19 goals before yesterday they were shocking at the back.We played ok considering the war they went to at Stoke and without Marriott We really need full backs in the window they are both passable going forward but very shaky defending You midfield general would be nice

MoP he started in midweek european match Good call though but he's being linked with Villa

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MoP he started in midweek european match Good call though but he's being linked with Villa
    If Villa get him and Bannon they’re as good as up imo. Very, very impressive at Boro’ yesterday. With the much needed ‘killer instinct’ we might have done the same at the Riverside a while ago but instead we fell away again. Villa look streets ahead in terms of strength and skill. Made Boro’ look like a bunch of clogging ‘Potters’...funny that!

RA agree I've been saying it for months I think they will go up with Leeds playoffs Norwich Boro Forest WBA dark horse maybe Brum

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA agree I've been saying it for months I think they will go up with Leeds playoffs Norwich Boro Forest WBA dark horse maybe Brum
    Partially agree mista. Reckon the automatics will be two of Villa, Leeds and Norwich. Can’t see Birmingham making it. Think the top six will be made up of teams from the current top eight with only Stoke posing a threat from those currently lower down...not ‘cos they’re any good, but they do have loadsamoney.
    Long way to go though and that’s why I think the January window is going to be so crucial this year.

RA yes window very important Boro have made it clear they are going to spend big Don't think we will spend big but would imagine we will be buying someone need a centre half That's one area the U23 haven't got yet Max Hunt improving but not there yet Lot of people saying get this that and the other from Chelsea but we have two already you are allowed four from one club But can only name five loans in your match day 18 So if you want Wilson Tomori and Blount in your team .It doesn't leave much wriggle room I would imagine we would be getting a striker probably a loan Would love Solankie from Liverpool he could be a game changer for us

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)