+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fined Wages

I agree that too many of the team never turned up last night but the performance underlined everything that has been wrong with United for years now. We are a bunch of spineless bottle merchants. When Ayr were prepared for a fight we turned up for a flower arranging contest. I can understand (just) getting caught cold for the first but at the second their winger McDade (?) was in the middle of 4 players and still got to the line and crossed. The 3rd was offside and after that the roof came in. We can now see why Edge wasn't getting a regular game and how badly we need a proper right back. Watson just can't play there. I assume it's injuries that forced Robbie to play that lineup but he has to take responsibility too. We rallied in the second half when Curran came on as Ayr couldn't cope with two strikers. Why not go 2 up front earlier. We were never going to win every game and last night was a bad day at the office. We need to rally and move on and hopefully address the glaring deficiencies in the team in the January window. It is still going to be a tough battle to get out of this league and maybe Robbie needs more than this season to do it.

It's not the fact we got beat that's depressing, it's the nature of it. Us, as fans, all know this set of players are capable of a performance like that. Robbie now knows they are too, even with him in charge.

You really think fans have the patience to give any manager more than a few month to sort us out? You know I do but for for quite a number evidence suggests otherwise.

Ayr couldn't cope when we went with 2 strikers????? That's a strange comment mate, it's was 5-0 going on 10 and the Ayr defence strolled it the whole game

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    What we need to do is regroup this week and go again at Morton

Don't play Watson or Edge either

Then be clever with who we do bring in during the window, it won't be wholesale change
    Sensible post - it showed we have players who lack mentality or skill or both. Ayr played fast football against slow defence with no protection in front. They got their tails up with a deflected cross then Siegrist got injured we also got little protection or decisions from ref. We were awful. Worst part throwing towel in at end.

Do we moan - yup but also need to shrug and get on with it, regroup and fight like phuck. Edge can stroll games but cant against pace.

Still trust Neilson but it may take longer than this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's not the fact we got beat that's depressing, it's the nature of it. Us, as fans, all know this set of players are capable of a performance like that. Robbie now knows they are too, even with him in charge.

You really think fans have the patience to give any manager more than a few month to sort us out? You know I do but for for quite a number evidence suggests otherwise.

Yes I think its different with Neilson. Not unilaterally of course but majority will give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Yes I think its different with Neilson.
    I'd be interested to know what you think is different (aside from the fact it's early days)?

Agree safranko shld nt be above any critism levelled at the team. He will score a goal if he gets the service! but all the running about at times glosses over his inadequacies. His first touch is not the best, and his clumsy play/technique is questionable. He really needs to be in and around the box to get the best out of him.

The rest of the team really need to take a look at themselves and RN really needs to get any acquisitions in jan spot on.

So many weaknesses exposed throughout the team tonight. RB, Watson found wanting not only tonight bt also against Alloa where all their success also came down their left.

Middle of the park. Fyvie is a good player bt at times slow the play up and Stanton is MIA anytime the area is squeezed by the opposition and Dnt get me started about the defence. Booth was caught on the wrong side of Moffat so many times and edge was like bambi on ice all legs and no clue!

Reaction in nxt game is so important!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'd be interested to know what you think is different (aside from the fact it's early days)?
    1. I can understand what he says (i know but that helps)
    2. His concepts make sense in this league - aggressive and fast passing (just didnt happen last night)
    3. It isnt his players and we have seen how poor some are - he isnt a miracle worker but will win far more than we lose
    4. I think he is far more adaptable
    5. Having heard from within about training I think he is well respected
    6. He is better looking than LAszlo and Mixu

Dunno its like saying whats different with your new girlfriend compared to exes. All the exes are psychos surely (apart from the one who left you for the Scotland job) and you go by looks first, ability, experience. Just because you have one poor night in the sack doesnt mean its a reason to dump her.

and I am only trying to lighten the mood with a poor anaology above before i get slaughtered.

Terry - i think its a confidence thing with Robbie but suppose that can wane very quickly as you say - we arent the most patent of support as the Great leader and respected expert Coll Donaldson once said

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    Ayr couldn't cope when we went with 2 strikers????? That's a strange comment mate, it's was 5-0 going on 10 and the Ayr defence strolled it the whole game
    Sorry, didn't mean it to be strange. Honestly thought that we caused Ayr more problems with two strikers than one but you're right, even then we ultimately did feck all. Even with two up front we provided little service and the defence was pony rotten. Not a good night by any means.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)