+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fined Wages

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'd be interested to know what you think is different (aside from the fact it's early days)?

He isn't a waffling clueless excuse making clown for a start.

What really gets me is that us fans know where the weaknesses lie. Neilson knows it as well. However having your hands tied behind your back by not being allowed to do transfer business throughout the season is putting on the predictable show for the fans. Would I go to games to see United get slaughtered down the left-hand side? How long now is that we have not had a proper right-back? Square pegs in round holes. That seems to be a statement used far too often in DUFC recent history.

I don't blame Neilson one bit. Who I do blame is the UEFA & FIFA that make these decisions (Transfer Windows) where us fans have to put up with poor personnel until "windows" open. I liked it where you could deal throughout the season until transfer deadline day. You could actually get value for money. When new signings were coming in you could see renewed optimism. Now we have to hope the manager has been good in his summer signings or the season is pratically over before its begun imo.

Once the Jan transfer window shuts the honeymoon and patience will start to fade away.

Hopefully though it doesn't spiral as Robbie said after the game.

See where we are after he's had a preseason imo

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Once the Jan transfer window shuts the honeymoon and patience will start to fade away.

Hopefully though it doesn't spiral as Robbie said after the game.

See where we are after he's had a preseason imo
    Last night thats what we were saying - this may be more than a half a season rescue job.

Interesting question though.

What's worse

The 5-1 horsing at Falkirk or the 5-0 horsing last night at Tannadice?

last night

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Last night thats what we were saying - this may be more than a half a season rescue job.
    Always was. Even before Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    last night
    Didn't see Ross game at home. The 6-1 @ Falkirk and last night were horrendous. Spineless gutless lacking guile fight skill and especially pace both times. And could both easily have been 10.

Falkirk probably worse as to be fair Ayr played really really well. Those 3 games mentioned in what is Div 2 are by far the worst in my 50th year of watching United.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)