+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2,596!!! 😞

2,596!!! 😞

Tuesday nights 'crowd' v Cambridge Utd was our lowest for a league game for about 27 or 28 years, off the top of my head.
    And that's if indeed their were even THAT many there...we've all heard the rumours of the club counting non-attendee s.t. holders,etc in the 'attendance'.
    Let's hope we see no more miserable gates of that level again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    Tuesday nights 'crowd' v Cambridge Utd was our lowest for a league game for about 27 or 28 years, off the top of my head.
    And that's if indeed their were even THAT many there...we've all heard the rumours of the club counting non-attendee s.t. holders,etc in the 'attendance'.
    Let's hope we see no more miserable gates of that level again this season.
    To be honest, I was not at all surprised by that attendance figure, judging by the weather conditions throughout the day / evening on Tuesday. I expected there to be nearer the 2,200 mark, especially after all the anger by some supporters on social media following our defeat at Crawley. I did write to the club in advance, suggesting that they stage the game today (Sat 1st Dec.), with the thought that the attendance would be increased by both home support and away fans from Cambridge. Alas, they declined my suggestion.

Maybe I have become a boring old fart in recent times but despite buying a membership card at the beginning of the season, I can still not justify going to games at £17-£18 a game. I appreciate that's the going rate but I can re-assure you i get a lot more bang for my buck when doing our weekly shop down ALDI!!! I appreciate that a clubs loyalty is towards season ticket holders, but the difference between an average price for a game (via a season ticket) and a membership price is the difference between me going or not. But why should I have to buy a season ticket to get a reduced rate. I appreciate it is what it is but in my mind £12-£15 is enough for fourth tier football.