+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TM line up v Sheff W

TM line up v Sheff W

Not the changes hoped for by myself and I expect others.. Persisting with 4231..

Rodwell out totally.. Read into that what you will.

Looking at it, I suppose I can see what he's doing. He's gone for players he feels he can count on. I think we'll be scrapping for it in this one. Happy with my prediction on the other thread if that's the sort of performance tony gets in this game.

Well, it worked..! 4-2 as I type.. Graham hat-trick.. Dack back scoring and creating.. Was worried aucks and champs were gonna get their predictions right at 3-1 for a while, but alas for them, not

Good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Well, it worked..! 4-2 as I type.. Graham hat-trick.. Dack back scoring and creating.. Was worried aucks and champs were gonna get their predictions right at 3-1 for a while, but alas for them, not

Good day!
    I'm a happy fella mate!! Great game. Back on it today. Very much so.
    Sax, Rodwell was injured. He got a knock the other night at Wigan and should've come off tbh.
    I'm just back at my car having a coffee before setting off back home to ****ty West York's!! I'll post later.
    Really happy we showed what we are capable of.

Notice he never made any subs today until the last min. He never does that.
    Conway was excellent.

Just finished watching. What a relief - in several ways. Can you imagine the reaction if we'd lost again, with Smallwood and Evans both in the team still?
    As it was, Mowbray got the reaction he wanted.
    When we started so well, but Reed missed that early chance, I was worried that the confidence would drain again. Not at all, in fact. Same when SW got their goals: no sign of panic and the positive approach continued.
    I keep saying to the idiots on the Telegraph that drawing sweeping conclusions from one match tends to suggest the culprits have never really followed the ups-and-downs of football.
    We weren't suddenly "doomed" after the Wigan game, and - in the same way - today's performance doesn't mean we are going to soar to the top of the League!
    Dack has been poor for a while; he was excellent today. It happens! Players go in and out of form. The same with Graham, really. On top of that, the defence returned to basics, after a couple of weeks of panic. And, of course, the way the opposition play is another factor which some posters seem to forget altogether.
    I've always been lukewarm about 4-2-3-1, but we saw it at its best today.
    A special word for Craig Conway. Streuth, how the years rolled away!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Just finished watching. What a relief - in several ways. Can you imagine the reaction if we'd lost again, with Smallwood and Evans both in the team still?
    As it was, Mowbray got the reaction he wanted.
    When we started so well, but Reed missed that early chance, I was worried that the confidence would drain again. Not at all, in fact. Same when SW got their goals: no sign of panic and the positive approach continued.
    I keep saying to the idiots on the Telegraph that drawing sweeping conclusions from one match tends to suggest the culprits have never really followed the ups-and-downs of football.
    We weren't suddenly "doomed" after the Wigan game, and - in the same way - today's performance doesn't mean we are going to soar to the top of the League!
    Dack has been poor for a while; he was excellent today. It happens! Players go in and out of form. The same with Graham, really. On top of that, the defence returned to basics, after a couple of weeks of panic. And, of course, the way the opposition play is another factor which some posters seem to forget altogether.
    I've always been lukewarm about 4-2-3-1, but we saw it at its best today.
    A special word for Craig Conway. Streuth, how the years rolled away!
    For me, it was always a case of we just had to turn it around, stop the rot.. Now we've done that, the next target is to go on a run of positive results.. Consistency.. Easier said than done, of course, in the championship, but that has to be the aim..

I might be overthinking it, but I really believe TM signing that new contract would have boosted the players as well as the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    For me, it was always a case of we just had to turn it around, stop the rot.. Now we've done that, the next target is to go on a run of positive results.. Consistency.. Easier said than done, of course, in the championship, but that has to be the aim..
    I think "easier said than done" is the key phrase, Saxo.
    Look at the December fixtures:
    Middlesbrough (A)
    Birmingham (H)
    Norwich (H)
    Leeds (A)
    Sheffield Utd. (A)
    We have to be realistic. If we lose the three away games, and pick up four points from the other two, it wouldn't be the end of the world. We would probably drop to about 15th, but we then have a run of six or seven "easier" games in the new year.
    That may be a bit gloomy, but I just think we have to accept that our players are generally mid-table quality, compared to some of those who have spent "large"!
    For me, it's going to be more about the effort and spirit we see in the next five matches. And, of, course, this is football, so we are probably going to see a 'surprise' result in there somewhere.
    Bottom line: we can't predict the future from today's performance, any more than we could from the Wigan shambles!

I wonder if Danny graham has had some input given the fact he played 90 mins? It must be frustrating to be subbed on 65 mins every game.. Not sure Brighton's Murray gets subbed in similar fashion, as an older(?) Pro at the top level..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)