+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reflections on Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    That's the crux of the matter - with no changes at the back I felt we were always likely to concede more, which we did. While that's likely then no matter how many forwards are on then you're going to be constantly chasing the game. We needed to stabilise the ship first and foremost then gradually try to then get a grip in the middle and try to then exert pressure the longer the game proceeded. But as I said, it's all irrelevant now.
    No it's not cos the thread title is 'Reflections on Yesterday'

Yip. We got our arse well & truly felt by Ayr. What's done is done and it's how we react to it now that matters.

Need to go down to Greenock and show that we have not been totally derailed by one very poor result.

Indeed, we are 5 wins 1 draw 1 defeat under RN

Win in Greenock would be huge, would make it 19/24pts under him and we can move on to Inverness (a) Falkirk (h) Alloa (a) with confidence

Watson was utterly terrible. For me he shouldn't have started as he was the same the previous game against Alloa. Not saying Edge was not culpable, of course he was, but Watson was easily our worst player first half.

Watson was up against it and got no help from Aird whatsoever. Also of little consolation was Stanton's run and shot towards the end, their left back made more spectacular dive to save the ball with 2 hands than their goalie had to make in the whole game and still no penalty! It wouldn't have made a difference to the result, but the standard of officialdom, is appalling. Ask Levein!

Still trying to block Friday’s s.hite from the memory banks. Disgraceful performance. Could say a lot more but would be negative overload and Robbie’s recent run and improvements do not deserve that. Hopefully, like us, he will notice what needs to be done and who needs binned from the team.

So onwards and hopefully upwards. A long way to go and we are certainly still in this.

Robbie was annoyed with the booing at half time. Pretty standard for tannadice though that we boo if losing 2-0 and playing like that.

I would not put any blame at all the way of Neilson. He made right team selection. Was happy at HT to see King go off and Curran coming on was logical. At that time I thought we had chance of coming back into match.

My reflections on Friday are still it shows we need some reinforcements in January.

I still think under Neilson we can could get the title though it will be tough and not much room left for error.

Problem with csaba handicap start but if you look at Neilson record at hearts in a tough championship and then in Premier it is a big win percentage.

If he gets chance to work his magic and players respond I’m still hopeful

Everyone knows I don't think we are in a position to win the title this season. I think we have a basis of a squad, with a few adjustments, that could though. However I think it's more likely for next season rather than this and it still worries me that I don't think a lot of fans have the stomach for that. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about all that BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Everyone knows I don't think we are in a position to win the title this season. I think we have a basis of a squad, with a few adjustments, that could though. However I think it's more likely for next season rather than this and it still worries me that I don't think a lot of fans have the stomach for that. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about all that BTW.
    Stomach for it or not Trebs, the diet you suggest is the more likely cure? We are more likely than Ayr or Rossco to dip and ICT ain't going to be far away either. The day of the mercenaries are past.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)