+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

we sure did give it a go. the same problem will chase us all season. no depth... we have about 14 first teamers.

note to warniola 3 players in january please. and if you have to play forde, taylor and williams let it be taylor who plays off smith though starting with forde n newell was perfect

Don’t agree. We are as good as anyone in this league on our day. The one that hit the post goes in and we are 2 up. Even for Norwich that would have been a big ask.

The change at HT and Ajayi’s shocking loss of concentration for the third did for us today.

The good news is that we won’t be playing Norwich every week. Even then, the way they play, the opposition always has a chance. Millwall got three there the other week and were unlucky.

Which bit don't you agree with?
    We had a good go bit?
    Or
    We have no strength in depth?
    Or
    We don't need players in January?
    Or
    Taylor should play behind Smith cos he can't defend ?
    Or
    Starting with Newell/force wasn't good?
    Or
    All the above?
    Or was you replying to someone else?

Expected a defeat tbh, but after going 1-0 up and almost 2-0 and matching them in the first half, the defeat hurts more than I thought it would.
    There have been so many 'if only's' and 'should have's' this season. A couple of defeats on the bounce and all those draws and near misses suddenly don't look that impressive anymore.

I always fear that the drawn games that we should have won, will eventually come back to bite us as we approach the second half of the season where we aren't a surprise package anymore and teams suss us out.
    We need a couple of wins now and our next two opponents, while no mugs, throw up the perfect opportunity to do that.

Been to the game. Good first half Millers performance. Deservedly ahead at half time. For once, Towell followed up a shot that the keeper could only parry, and scored an easy goal. (Our midfielders need to do that more). If only that shot from Williams had gone in ... and it looked like he'd hit it perfectly. At this level, if you miss chances or make defensive mistakes, you get punished, and we did yet again. More injuries to Newell and Robertson are a worry - let's hope nothing serious. We lost our momentum when they went off. Dropped back/forced back too deep after Norwich equalised. Good travelling support from the Millers . Entertaining game for the neutrals.

Sounds like we gave the 22nd best team in the country a good game. Our old failing of not taking chances while on top has surfaced again. Still pleased with how the season is going. Sadly, our long unbeaten run, has turned into a 3 games without a win run.

Their song .....on the ball city.....has to be the worst football song ever.
    They sung as the game kicked off and it just bombed. I think even they know it,s garbage

The Birdie Song would be more appropriate for them

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Their song .....on the ball city.....has to be the worst football song ever.
    They sung as the game kicked off and it just bombed. I think even they know it,s garbage
    Their rotating screen was pretty cool though don't you think?

We gave it a real good go, like ever one else has said that little bit of quality was the difference in the end.

Having said that the little things went against us I.e. William hitting the post and the fourced substitutions.

But it's now time to brush ourselfs down and prepare for the next game and try and start another unbeaten run.

Totally pissed off with Ajayi, gifts them a 3rd and games over.
    We played well against a decent side but the score lines doesn’t say that.

Mattock MOTM for me, Newell did well to say he was struggling with his groin? And a shame he had to be subbed.

Lino couldn’t keep up with play

I had to sit near front and get wet but a good view tbf

Let’s hope Millwall lose today

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast