+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

By the time I woke up today we were 1-0 up and I thought I was dreaming. Decided to go back to sleep to keep the dream alive but it turned into a nightmare. By all accounts a couple of injuries didn't help but we were beaten by the top dogs and a decent team. So our long unbeaten run comes to an end but we're still out of the bottom 3. It's on to starting another run next Saturday when undoubtedly our local rivals will tell us we're playing our Cup Final.

Thoughts?

The injuries certainly didn't help. I don't want to be too critical because we did well i the first half and deserved our lead.
    Norwich built up a head of steam and we just don't have the ability to keep hold of the ball for long enough to help us get back into the game.

Forde and Newell bolsted us in midfield and we seemed more of an inteligent threat when they were on the pithc.

Norwich were value for the win with the score being kept reasonable with the saves made by Rodak..

Good side Norwich and the quality told.
    Key moments Williams hitting post and Robertson and newell going off.
    I would play smith and proctor together next week and go for it.
    Still out of the bottom 3 and that’s the aim all season.
    Utm

A bit of a shame that three lapses in concentration cost us (Vaulks, then Taylor, then Ajayi) but they were good enough to putnus under some oressure and keep the ball and that always has an impact so I think Warne will be disappointed but not too critical. At least we are creating some chances against these good teams.

Yes as has been said the two key moments were Robertson going off at HT and us hitting the post when 1-0 up. It actually rolled across the goal line too so an extra inch.....oh err....would have made all difference.

Norwich deserved their win but we gave them a decent game. Norwich fans on train are surprised at how much attacking we did and rather than deriding us they said there,s quite a few teams worse than us.
    Ipswich being one of them
    Last edited by flourbasher; 01-12-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Before a ball was kicked I thought we would get spanked, listening to the first half we could have been 2-0 up.

On to the sty, could this be our first win? Warney go for their throats

Chant of the day.....
    Alan Partridge .....is a banker
    Alan partridge..... is a Sherman tanker

I dnot want to get caught up in the we had so and so out thro injury, but it sounds licke we gave it a real goodgo and lost xxx

It has taken me 2 hours to drive 30 miles!

The second half would have been more interesting had the ball ended up in the net after hitting the post and not the corner flag.
    The defending for their third was reminiscent of some of the horrors from our previous residency in the Chumpship. So, it could have been 2-2, but matching Norwich for ball retention and creativity was always going to be a big ask.

The personnel in the first half executed Warney's game plan perfectly, but the changes weakened the structure. Smudge was not his usual effective self; Williams was tenacious. My MoM.

Norwich are the best team I've seen this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I dnot want to get caught up in the we had so and so out thro injury, but it sounds licke we gave it a real goodgo and lost xxx
    Bloody too right we did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast