Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Next round 7th/8th Dec

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,999

    Next round 7th/8th Dec

    Friday
    Ayr Utd v Inverness - bt sport

    Saturday
    Falkirk v Alloa
    Morton v United
    Partick v Dunfermline
    R County v QotS



    Important to look after ourselves on Saturday but could really do with Inverness getting something on Fri

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,512
    Not for one minute am i having a go at you mate but how the phuck did we ever get to the stage that we need hammer throwers to get a result versus a team playing at a blight on Scotland's landscape ?.FN embarrassing springs to mind to be honest.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,958
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Not for one minute am i having a go at you mate but how the phuck did we ever get to the stage that we need hammer throwers to get a result versus a team playing at a blight on Scotland's landscape ?.FN embarrassing springs to mind to be honest.
    G, have you met any of our current crop of players? they are either verging on dwarfism, or built like gable ends of matchsticks. My Sunday Welfare team could bully them into submission

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    889
    Agree totally that we need to bounce back quickly after Friday's embarrassing pumping and I don't doubt that's what Robbie will be reinforcing to the players this week. Not entirely convinced on the back of Friday's horror show though that the players that started against Ayr have the heart or ability to respond. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong. I would be more confident if Franz and Murdoch were in the back 4 with Edge and Watson out along with King replaced by just about anybody.

  5. #5
    King get a lot of stick and from an offensive perspective he was pretty ineffectual on Friday. However, all the problems created by Ayr United came down the opposite side of the park as King works hard at defending from the front. Watson, as poor as he was, got nothing from Aird and it really hurt us.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    King get a lot of stick and from an offensive perspective he was pretty ineffectual on Friday. However, all the problems created by Ayr United came down the opposite side of the park as King works hard at defending from the front. Watson, as poor as he was, got nothing from Aird and it really hurt us.
    I have tried to defend King at times, but he got the ball a couple of times on Friday and did very little with it. I have this memory of him loosing the ball in midfield and 2 passed later its in our box with Edje having to make a last ditch tackle to prevent a goal!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I have tried to defend King at times, but he got the ball a couple of times on Friday and did very little with it. I have this memory of him loosing the ball in midfield and 2 passed later its in our box with Edje having to make a last ditch tackle to prevent a goal!
    Your memory is better than mine. I don't recall him touching the ball the entire time he was on. An atrocious footballer.

  8. #8
    King is brutal. No matter who the manager is your not gonna get a performance from him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,999
    Friday
    Ayr Utd p-p Inverness - bt sport

    Saturday
    Falkirk v Alloa
    Morton v United
    Partick v Dunfermline
    R County v QotS


    A win huge tomorrow in a few ways, hate feeling quietly confident though

  10. #10
    Reaction needed.

    Any kind of win, firstly. Clean sheet would be nice.

  11. #11
    Ross county 1-1 with queens just now - gaining 2 points on Ross county would be a good way to bounce back from last week

  12. #12
    Aw boll ocks Morton just equalised as I was writing that

  13. #13
    Terrible result given the context.

  14. #14
    Chance missed to pick up ground on County.

    At least we matched them (County). But it could have been worse.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16,999
    Not the best especially having led, but in context of Neilson's time in charge it's not the worst run, especially on the road with 10/12 pts taken... Move on to Inverness

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •