+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would the real Newcastle United please stand up

Would the real Newcastle United please stand up

Personally, I think today was a more accurate reflection of where we are and how we are likely to fare this season. I think the last three wins have given a false impression of our true standing and, for me, we're still in deep trouble.

And no, this isn't a knee-jerk reaction to one defeat. The bigger picture is that we've been pretty shit all season and, if anything, thinking we're ok after the 3 wins is a knee-jerk reaction.

Today, even though I felt their first goal was a bit against the run of play, we hadn't threatened their goal seriously and by the end of the half, with the breakaways they'd had, they could easily have had a couple more. Don't think we'd played badly but it was clear which team had the better players-their passing was faster and more accurate, their ball control was streets ahead of ours and their movement...well, you can't really compare theirs with ours because ours was non-existent.

And oh, my...that second half was appalling. Apart from the almost total lack of footballing ability, we seemed to lack the spirit and determination which served us so well in the second half of last season. Rafa can only do so much with this bunch of players and i reckon that with a different manager, we'd actually be bottom.

Ok, maybe i should have waited a bit longer after getting in before posting this but I remain very worried about this season.

Biggest mistake was changing a winning team

7 games in 29 days
    In Rafa we trust

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Biggest mistake was changing a winning team
    Erm....well, to be fair to Rafa, he changed a winning team for Burnley and...we won. I think the team today was the one most of us would have chosen barring the pot of yoghurt for wanquillo.

We just came up against a team who were much better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    7 games in 29 days
    In Rafa we trust
    I trust Rafa, Kev...I just don't trust the quality of our squad.

You can't polish a turd even if you can roll it in glitter.

He has the squad the fat man's gave him
    Cant win them all

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Erm....well, to be fair to Rafa, he changed a winning team for Burnley and...we won. I think the team today was the one most of us would have chosen barring the pot of yoghurt for wanquillo.

We just came up against a team who were much better than us.

^ this i said the exact same thing to a bloke on twitter who went mad because we changed the team and lost then blamed Rafa. Funny how them who said that never said anything when he changed tactics against Burnley and won.

PS PEREZ IS SH!TEEEEEEE

PPS He really is man

No, I mean he REALLY is. I lost count of the times he lost the ball through either shite control, over-running it or just slowing down and allowing himself to be crowded out. I know the cheers when he went off weren't good but i think people's patience has just snapped with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, I mean he REALLY is. I lost count of the times he lost the ball through either shite control, over-running it or just slowing down and allowing himself to be crowded out. I know the cheers when he went off weren't good but i think people's patience has just snapped with him.
    Aye exactly it's shocking how bad he is he nearly tripped himself over today man while trying to be tricky he missed good chances as well. OH and don't get me started on the amount of times he ends up on his @rse :/.

I was saying earlier i'm really surprised that after Perez heads a ball that he doesn't cry for a free kick and claim the ball fouled him.

Aye, Dave, he goes down far too easily.

On another note, why on earth is Shelvey EVER allowed to take free kicks....they go over the bar as often as Perez ends up on his arse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)