+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huddlestone

Huddlestone

50 years ago Dave McKay came to Derby and converted from midfield to central defence with great success so now, in the absence of good defensive cover, why not put Huddlestone sweeping at the back.
    He's a great reader of the game, good defensively and has great distribution skills.
    The defensive frailties will again derail and promotion challenge if we aren't careful.

The problem is, Huddlestone is no Dave Mackay

He did it before for us I suppose. But don't see him as a better option than our current centre backs

He is cover we could use and we have Evans to take over the DM role but, as things are, he is playing very well and should be left where he is IMO.

If we are going to continue to play out from the back he has to play IMO. If I were Carson I'd be far happy playing the ball to Tom than anyone else in the side/squad.

He's not up to 3 games in a week but remains a massive player in our squad.

He's still the only one in the team who can pass well consistently

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    He's still the only one in the team who can pass well consistently
    Bit of a disadvantage that for a team with such aspirations as ours.

I don't think this team is as good as I thought it was, but I think it could be as good as I thought it was. Do you you understand that??? Neither do I
    It's going nowhere with this defence, it makes so many school boy errors! and Frank and Co seem to be struggling to sorting it!
    There's nearly half a season gone and they still haven't grasped how to play it out from the back, let's hope the January window can change things round!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    I don't think this team is as good as I thought it was, but I think it could be as good as I thought it was. Do you you understand that??? Neither do I
    It's going nowhere with this defence, it makes so many school boy errors! and Frank and Co seem to be struggling to sorting it!
    There's nearly half a season gone and they still haven't grasped how to play it out from the back, let's hope the January window can change things round!
    Someone down the stand from me shouted 'You aren't ****ing Chelsea!' and I think FL needs to listen to that, at least regarding playing out from the back. We look great for the first five passes, and it progressively goes to s**t from there.

I think this squad has great potential though, I'm more confident of success than in previous years. Late-season 'legs' will be key and we seem better served in that area than recently. I still despair of Johnson who could be a massive asset if he just managed to do everything as well as he can more of the time.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 03-12-2018 at 09:24 PM.

MoP you are right it needs sorting easier said than done with the squad we've got How do change the defence only option we have is Wisdom for Bogle we tried it didn't work We don't have any other options Thy have to play out from the back no good hoofing it up and expecting Marriott to win it Yes let's hope the Jan window sorts it but we will still play the same way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)