+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Protest

The Protest

Any feedback from someone who went to the match?

On TV it was unoticeable.

Was actually surprised at how many came in on 11 minutes as there didn't seem to be enough seats for all those who came in.

There was a fair amount of booing from behind us although, ironically, their 'support the team no matter what, uber-supporter' attitude allowed them to abuse fellow supporters...but didn't extend to staying to the final whistle.

Odd, that. Knobs.

I was gonna do it but my son talked me out of it,
    the rain didn’t help it mind you.
    From the stand you couldn’t really tell how many stayed away until they started flooding in on the 11th Minuite ( exactly as they scored)
    I recon there was about 5 thousand took part but that is just a guess
    I thought it would be more but then I changed my mind last minute others could have too.

I hope the boycott has more people-a lot more- taking part.

As I've said before, I don't think it will 'work' in terms of the numbers that would make a huge statement BUT it might be enough to show those wavering over what to do that there are enough fans who are prepared to act so that future action is better supported.

I was embarrassed to be an NUFC fan today tbh. People complain but do NOTHING to change things. I honestly saw maybe 100 people on the walk up from the Strawberry. 20/25 went up my stairwell on 11 mins.

People say it was pathetic, I’ll tell you what was pathetic the vast majority of people with NUFC tickets who have shown today that Geordies have completely lost the fight, guts, determination and BALLS that they were renowned for in the past.

Ashley is winning and the vast majority are willing to lie there and let him sh&g them up the ar3e.

Feckn snowflakes he will give them what they deserve.

I came in on 11 minutes..the gallowgate concourse was full....and the spinless boo'ers got plenty of stick back
    and as i said to the knacker near me who shouted support the team..when we spend f'uck all in January and rafa leaves in the summer divv'ent start twisting.

Wonder how many of the boo'ers left in their 1000's with 10-15 minutes left..i hope they get the nufc they deserve.

ASHLEY OOT!

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    I came in on 11 minutes..the gallowgate concourse was full....and the spinless boo'ers got plenty of stick back
    and as i said to the knacker near me who shouted support the team..when we spend f'uck all in January and rafa leaves in the summer divv'ent start twisting.

Wonder how many of the boo'ers left in their 1000's with 10-15 minutes left..i hope they get the nufc they deserve.

ASHLEY OOT!
    I thought exactly that 10/12 left on 77 mins 17 mins from the final whistle in the NE corner. Hundreds were leaving on 83 mins 11 mins from the end. What did that say to the players ‘your cr@p and have no chance of getting back into it’ ? Some support eh. I’ve even seen on other social media us being blamed for WH scoring early pfft, does that mean the snowflake early leavers can be blamed for Anderson’s goal?

I emailed Wallace at the MG last night and we’re still going on with the boycott next week. All I’ll say to the people saying ‘he’s got your money, there’s nothing you can do’ is back us and we’ll get rid of him. Rangers were finished and he was picking over their carcass but got chased, why the hell cant we do the same? We don’t want to argue and fight with our own fans, it’s what he wants, we HAVE to stick together. Back what we’re trying to do and it will go some way to what I’m sure 99% want. Ashley Out.

I have to agree. What´s it going to take for our support to show some back bone? Judging by yesterday, if Rafa goes neeone goes. All that was needed was for the number of empty seats at 85 minutes to be the same up to 11 minutes.

Despite that I´d say to all that protested - keep going. When Ashley leaves, you can look back and say you played your part. For those that didn´t protest - I hope you noted Rafa´s prematch comments about the protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    I thought exactly that 10/12 left on 77 mins 17 mins from the final whistle in the NE corner. Hundreds were leaving on 83 mins 11 mins from the end. What did that say to the players ‘your cr@p and have no chance of getting back into it’ ? Some support eh. I’ve even seen on other social media us being blamed for WH scoring early pfft, does that mean the snowflake early leavers can be blamed for Anderson’s goal?

I emailed Wallace at the MG last night and we’re still going on with the boycott next week. All I’ll say to the people saying ‘he’s got your money, there’s nothing you can do’ is back us and we’ll get rid of him. Rangers were finished and he was picking over their carcass but got chased, why the hell cant we do the same? We don’t want to argue and fight with our own fans, it’s what he wants, we HAVE to stick together. Back what we’re trying to do and it will go some way to what I’m sure 99% want. Ashley Out.
    short memories some of our fans....3 wins on the spin will do that....when we are slumming it mid table in the championship with a pardew-esq puppet manager...the same "i'm doing nothing fans" will be moaning like f'uck(if they haven't stopped going )..

thats the future for nufc under ashley......it's not one i want!

FAT C'UNT OOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    short memories some of our fans....3 wins on the spin will do that....when we are slumming it mid table in the championship with a pardew-esq puppet manager...the same "i'm doing nothing fans" will be moaning like f'uck(if they haven't stopped going )..

thats the future for nufc under ashley......it's not one i want!

FAT C'UNT OOT!!
    Not one I want either, that's why ive jacked my season ticket, after 35 yrs, and 20 yrs before that with no season ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)