+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: GMS transfer speculation

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I realise I'm being a bit controversial here but if Shinnie doesn't end up signing I'm not sure I'd personally be to bothered. Local lad and full of passion but I just don't rate him in the position he plays. I'm led to believe he wants to play there which is fine but I aint a fan.

Of course I understand that leaves the big problem of who DM gets to replace him and I have to hope he would manage to do that if he does leave.
    Damned good post. Think we all love Shinnie's passion that he brings to the table but in terms of ability, yeah, like it if he stayed but no need to get too stressed if he decides it's time to take his beard to new pastures. Same goes for any AFC player, you would hope that the management team, whoever that may be, are talented enough in their jobs to source players of equal or better quality - in advance.

Don't see GMS going to Sevco, however

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The problem for me would be who we replace GMS and Shinnie with.
    McLennan and Ross.
    Ok, we may need a bit more experience than them, but I’d not be upset to see them in the team.

If any human being is so lacking in basic moral fibre that they would choose to make a living in the employ of that cabal then they are lacking in character to represent Aberdeen Football Club.

Ergo fuuck them and the horse they rode in on.

I realise I'm being a bit controversial here but if Shinnie doesn't end up signing I'm not sure I'd personally be to bothered. Local lad and full of passion but I just don't rate him in the position he plays. I'm led to believe he wants to play there which is fine but I aint a fan.

Of course I understand that leaves the big problem of who DM gets to replace him and I have to hope he would manage to do that if he does leave.
    Not controversial at all. He is not a midfielder. He is a left back. The manager needs to be strong and impose this. It would bring better balance immediately. Simple player do as told. Unless DM rates him in the middle. We have better options.

Feel a bit bad for having a slight pop at Shinnie earlier in this thread. Seeing him after the final whistle tonight shows how much the club means to him. He was f*ckin class.

Tansey and Gleason?��

Went a bit quiet with this guy or have I missed it? I was told that a reasonable bid was turned down for him and pretty much straight after he was crocked for the long term. Just our luck really. Wonder what kind player is going to appear when he's back and fit.

Went a bit quiet with this guy or have I missed it? I was told that a reasonable bid was turned down for him and pretty much straight after he was crocked for the long term. Just our luck really. Wonder what kind player is going to appear when he's back and fit.
    Apparently at the corporate sponsors Q&A the feeling is he’s still NY bound.
    Good musk to him.
    Good money & lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Good musk to him.
    Good money & lifestyle.
    And winna be missed either. Bit of a waste of time really

Enjoy the US min

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Good musk to him.
    Good money & lifestyle.
    The guy giving me the hard sell for renewing DNA told me that it was thanks to these funds that they were able to reject a bid, that they normally would have had to accept, for GMS and that it was just unlucky that he got clocked soon after. Hope they've not been telling everybody that, knowing he's off as soon as all the DNA cheques have cleared.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast