+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gayle Must Return

Gayle Must Return

Whilst Hrk has done OK in the last three matches - it won't last as Gayle is another class! Yes we hammered Leeds but looked very average against a very poor Ipswich and Swansea. My view is to get Gayle back in the team immediately to replace Hrk or even Jay Rod who has been poor. I would also replace Barry with Morrison to start.

Can't see this happening though until we lose but will be mighty pissed off against the Vile especially if Gayle is brought on to save a game when we have missed chances, and then we drop points.

Without being over the top - if I was Gayle and spent another match on the bench - I would stick my middle finger up at Big Dave and likewise Same Field should go out on loan for development if he's going to rot.

Lets just hope Bartley and Brunt don't reappear but knowing Big Dave - they will when fit!

Playing the best team from the off comes with experience and being ruthless!

HRK or Gayle, no contest, Gayle is class whilst HRK is a workmanlike pile of crap, if you need goals then there is only one option, Gayle would walk into any team in the Championship, would HRK?

HRK has done very well in the last few matches. Gayle is class but its good for Moore to have these selection problems.

By the way Bartley and Brunt...no. They havent been playing well enough to get in. That's my opinion for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    HRK has done very well in the last few matches. Gayle is class but its good for Moore to have these selection problems.

Agree Boingy but no chances against the Vile so best team must start and that's Gayle first on the team sheet!

3 wins out of 3 with HRK starting. Hard for the manager to change it. I'm sure even Moore knows Gayle is a far better player than HRK but I don't think he will tomorrow. I'm sure Gayle is no fool and realises he will soon get his chance.
    It would be stupid, childish, petty and career damaging to the lad if he stuck his finger up!

Gayle seems happy enough here...and competition is always going to bring the best out of a player...well it should...
    I am not sure if any player has a right to be on the team sheet without consistent effort....and particularly our squad....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Gayle seems happy enough here...and competition is always going to bring the best out of a player...well it should...
    I am not sure if any player has a right to be on the team sheet without consistent effort....and particularly our squad....

Whilst, I don't disagree - when ( and not if ) HRK returns to normal service - misses a couple of sitters against someone like the Vile - then we are losing to chase the game, and perhaps too late for Gayle to make an impact if still on the bench - who do you blame?

In my eyes Barnes and Gayle for what they have done this year should be first names on the team sheet unless they have deserve to be dropped, but that's not the case!

In summary - Gayle is class and would get a goal from nothing, but HRK is a donkey but this donkey had a good game against Leeds and two OK ones against two poor sides!

Vile are decent so we need the best starting eleven FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Whilst, I don't disagree - when ( and not if ) HRK returns to normal service - misses a couple of sitters against someone like the Vile - then we are losing to chase the game, and perhaps too late for Gayle to make an impact if still on the bench - who do you blame?

In my eyes Barnes and Gayle for what they have done this year should be first names on the team sheet unless they have deserve to be dropped, but that's not the case!

In summary - Gayle is class and would get a goal from nothing, but HRK is a donkey but this donkey had a good game against Leeds and two OK ones against two poor sides!

Vile are decent so we need the best starting eleven FFS!
    You are overlooking the poor run we had when many were calling for Moore to go. Gayle was a starter in those teams. I would put him back in but understand Moore's reluctance to do so.

Tough one but for me HRK has deserved to start the last 3 games. Individually is he better than Gayle - definitely not. My main moan I know but football is a team game and has the team been better with this formation the last 3 games, yes.

Gayle is undoubtedly a good player but for me both he, Barnes and Jay Rod are all good Championship players but not that good so that they are on the team sheet come what may. The team balance, formation and selection has to be result of what the Manager sees in the week, what he thinks of the opposition and balanced against a series of matches coming thick and fast.

Would I pick the same 11 again to start tonight probably, do I think big Dave will go with the same 11 probably. However it is a very close call and if Gayle is looking really sharp in training then I can see the argument for changing this winning team. We do need 3 points so let’s hope BD gets the call right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)