+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gayle Must Return

Gayle is a quality championship striker. He does throw his dummy out the pram a lot. How many games a season did Rondon play well for you lot.

No doubt that Gayle is a better player than HRK. But they're different types of player.

For me, I would bring Gayle back in place of JRod who has been ordinary this season.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Agree Boingy but no chances against the Vile so best team must start and that's Gayle first on the team sheet!
    Might Agree on that one baggieal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Gayle is a quality championship striker. He does throw his dummy out the pram a lot. How many games a season did Rondon play well for you lot.

This depends whether you count shots that went over the stand! Gayle is a far better player than Rondon and before someone mentions the championship - Gayle can get a goal out of nothing - better eye for goal - better first touch!

I would have Gayle every time over Rondon!

Rondon to his credit is a nice lad and holds the ball up well! Anything other than this - he's not at the races!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    I think its a bit unfair to compare the two, the majority of the time Rondon played for us in Pulis teams and his service consisted of balls launched at his head on the centre circle with 3 defenders around him.

There's no doubting his effort and commitment, and other than last year I think he scored around 10 a season - which was an achievement in our side.

He's not clinical though. He would probably suit Newcastle's style of play I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Might Agree on that one baggieal.

Must say after last night if Moore does not start Gayle on Friday he can go feck himself! Hrk is nothing but a donkey and to start him over Gayle is laughable. Jay Rod is not much better but at least he does have something in his locker although on recent performances, I would seriously look at whether he should start too!

Moore has lost us a load of points by persisting with three at the back before he opened his ears - crap subs/or lack of right ones - stupid line ups and not starting Gayle. It really would not surprise me if Bartley and Brunt come back into the side! Why oh why, did Barry not come on last night with tired legs - we were lucky to get the breakthrough against a Brentford side growing in confidence, so we should have gone more solid. I really could see that goal coming!

If Gayle does not start on Friday, and we have another Brentford, then Moore will lose the crowd! Poor decisions and inexperience time and time again!

Not happy and will blow my top if Gayle does not start on Friday! How many feckin chances does Jay Rod and Hrk need and Myhill would probably be a better option up front than them!

Gayle played the 2nd half and looked a little rusty so maybe he has been struggling for fitness and that is the reason for him not starting in the previous games, I'm also not sure if he suits the system we are playing at the moment, in some people's eyes it doesn't matter what Moore does it will be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Must say after last night if Moore does not start Gayle on Friday he can go feck himself! Hrk is nothing but a donkey and to start him over Gayle is laughable. Jay Rod is not much better but at least he does have something in his locker although on recent performances, I would seriously look at whether he should start too!

Moore has lost us a load of points by persisting with three at the back before he opened his ears - crap subs/or lack of right ones - stupid line ups and not starting Gayle. It really would not surprise me if Bartley and Brunt come back into the side! Why oh why, did Barry not come on last night with tired legs - we were lucky to get the breakthrough against a Brentford side growing in confidence, so we should have gone more solid. I really could see that goal coming!

If Gayle does not start on Friday, and we have another Brentford, then Moore will lose the crowd! Poor decisions and inexperience time and time again!

Not happy and will blow my top if Gayle does not start on Friday! How many feckin chances does Jay Rod and Hrk need and Myhill would probably be a better option up front than them!
    Who do we have thats better than J Rod Al Gayle perhaps ? both have to play & start every week we have no other forwards hrk what a joke ? all this stems form not adding a bit of quality to the squad at the beginning of the season , it will bit us on the foot because we're not good enough in my opinion , yes folk will say we should have been out of sight but we weren't, & for me their was only one team that was going to score after we scored & it wasn't us going to get another ,

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Gayle played the 2nd half and looked a little rusty so maybe he has been struggling for fitness and that is the reason for him not starting in the previous games, I'm also not sure if he suits the system we are playing at the moment, in some people's eyes it doesn't matter what Moore does it will be wrong.

Most of our players looked rusty in the second half and how many chances did we collectively have on goal in the second half! Don't agree whatsoever about suiting " the system". A pub player would have done no worse than chance after chance from Jay Rod and Hrk. To be honest, I could have done no worse than the Jay Rod chance and the header from Hrk which went wide.

Gayle will convert most easy chances! It was laughable the amount of misses in the first half!

Moore can do no wrong - well he persisted with three at the back which clearly did not work - he has not started Gayle for four matches - he's played rubbish like Mears - he's picked Bartley who is a liability - he's made awful subs or not changed to plan B when needed! I would love to blame the little fecker but Darren Moore has made these decisions!

If Gayle does not start Friday over Hrk or Jay Rod, then we are a joke!

At least "Remain" Sawyers didn't score Al, as i'm sure that would have pushed you over the edge.

But, you're right Gayle starts over HRK everytime, and IMO Jrod too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)