+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ot coal mines could be bought back to use

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    but if we are not growing enough vegetables and food gold and diamonds become worthless.
    You have to factor in the investment v the potential return , we are talking about a low cost product and a few bob mark up , your going to have to produce and sell mega amounts to make it feasible .

Who is going to go down there for minimum wage for a start ?, personally I'd want £25 ph which leads to a cauliflower costing you a tenner .

The only other option is to subsidise the project in my opinion , the tories wouldn't touch it and neither would Labour given the colossal amount of money they already have to spend historically to fix the country after successive tory governments .

I just can't get past this project is as easy as the study suggests .

Must admit seemed crazy to me but from that article it seems to focus primarily on just the shafts and automated operation.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You have to factor in the investment v the potential return , we are talking about a low cost product and a few bob mark up , your going to have to produce and sell mega amounts to make it feasible .

Who is going to go down there for minimum wage for a start ?, personally I'd want £25 ph which leads to a cauliflower costing you a tenner .

The only other option is to subsidise the project in my opinion , the tories wouldn't touch it and neither would Labour given the colossal amount of money they already have to spend historically to fix the country after successive tory governments .

I just can't get past this project is as easy as the study suggests .
    who would want to pick them in the field as peace work??

just because you would want $25 doesn't mean there won't be someone willing to do it for $7

Would they want a union leader.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    who would want to pick them in the field as peace work??

just because you would want $25 doesn't mean there won't be someone willing to do it for $7
    I’m sure most farms use machines now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12