+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again.

David Davies didn't 'run away', he was stitched up by May and Oily Robbins.

Robbins and some of Davies's own staff were secretly working on Chequers behind his back whilst he himself was working on a much better deal (for us anyway)

There's an interview with Andrew Bridgen on YouTube where he exposes the underhand, lying, duplicitous creatures that are May and Robbins.
    The only person who seriously thinks David Davies was “stitched up” is David Davies.

As for Andrew Bridgen, he’s the bloke who confidently claimed that British people could just go out and get an Irish passport.

What you doing after reading this, writing your letter to Santa?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The only person who seriously thinks David Davies was “stitched up” is David Davies.

As for Andrew Bridgen, he’s the bloke who confidently claimed that British people could just go out and get an Irish passport.

What you doing after reading this, writing your letter to Santa?
    Do you actually believe the things you write?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Do you actually believe the things you write?
    Yes he does. Unless it comes from Corbyns mouth, in which his momentum genes kick in. Utter compliance then with the Sith Lord and the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Yes he does. Unless it comes from Corbyns mouth, in which his momentum genes kick in. Utter compliance then with the Sith Lord and the dark side.
    Forwardmagpie’s credibility is undermined a bit by the fact he’s asked me that question and not you.

Quote Originally Posted by HaylePie View Post
    I assume this a joke? Maybe a test?

Labour needs a lot of cash for their re-nationalisation programme. They plan to borrow to fund that programme. That borrowing will breach the EU's restrictions on borrowing. We can't break those rules (since we aren't France or Germany) without serious financial penalties. But then you did know all this ..... right? (The word 'control' springs to mind).

On a high note though, as the planet tumbles toward oblivion the EU have continued their ***** discussions on whether the clocks should go forward & back twice a year; clearly something so ***** it cannot be left to member states.
    What are the EUs restrictions on borrowing and what rules apply to the UK that don’t apply to France or Germany? As far as I can see, Corbyn can do what he likes with the gas and electric companies, particularly if he commits fully to measures to combat climate change.

Not trying to make a point, I don’t honestly know.

If reports of the troubles in France are right, 130,000 protesters, 400+arrests, over 100 injured and 4 dead, I think it's pretty serious. Who knows if this unrest were to spread across Europe it could just be the catalyst to begin the collapse of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Agreed in part, but the Labour position is more complex than that. Of course Labour would like another election, the last one didn't produce a majority and May bribed the now hostile DUP into propping her government up. But Corbyn fundamentally dislikes the EU and would happily take a hard Brexit, although that's not PC in his party which is London centric and full of wishy washy centrists. 'Sir' Keir Starmer, who appears to be only Labour in name, is his Brexit minister and has slowly manipulated the position round to backing a second referendum, which he hopes will result in a remain vote. Blair is of the same view.

Then the Labour MPs have ump**** shades of grey in between, depending on what their constituents voted. As I said, mine voted Labour and Leave, so I expect Coaker to represent our position. He is nothing if not loyal, whatever he privately believes.

This could still go any way, but France and Germany are starting to have trouble controlling their own voters, never mind us. Maybe the entire EU is on the verge of collapse.
    Wishy washy centrists and the trades unions who pay for the party to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Forwardmagpie’s credibility is undermined a bit by the fact he’s asked me that question and not you.
    What credibility?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Wishy washy centrists and the trades unions who pay for the party to exist.
    No, I mean the MPs like arch remainer Chris Leslie, who takes a big salary for doing very little other than impersonating Dale Winton. The actual paying members (over 500,000 of them) are not centrists, they tend to be on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    No, I mean the MPs like arch remainer Chris Leslie, who takes a big salary for doing very little other than impersonating Dale Winton. The actual paying members (over 500,000 of them) are not centrists, they tend to be on the left.
    On the left very possibly, but pro EU.

Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast