+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    If you believe they were terrible (as I do), the best bet is to put you're pro-EU stance to one side and accept that Labour has Leave voters who have a right to be heard, so any solution has to take account of all views. To deny Brexit would be both wrong and politically suicidal. Oh, and **** off Dam617.
    Do you support May’s deal then, as it delivers on both Brexit, and what many Labour leavers want in getting rid of FoM?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Do you support May’s deal then, as it delivers on both Brexit, and what many Labour leavers want in getting rid of FoM?
    It promises to pay billions of pounds for a trade deal that might never happen. Why would anyone support it, but feel free to vote for May next time around.

Can't wait for the next general election what a choice. A useless government with the likes of back stabbing slimy Gove, two faced Boris, mad as a bag of frogs Soubry and Phil interesting Hammond or we could go for the anti semitic Momentum party masquerading as Labour. Whoopee Doo.

In what sense is Corbyn a Remoaner, you Red ****? He was asking to leave the EU in the 80s.
    Er, show me where I said he was a Remoaner, you rude person.

Of course he wants the country free from EU regulations as he has plans which would not be allowed otherwise.

If you believe they were terrible (as I do), the best bet is to put you're pro-EU stance to one side and accept that Labour has Leave voters who have a right to be heard, so any solution has to take account of all views. To deny Brexit would be both wrong and politically suicidal. Oh, and **** off Dam617.
    Been to the pub have we Sweet Cheeks?
    Nah, probably been drinking cheap cider whilst watching I'm A Celebrity. Lol.

If a really terrible government had been elected in 2016, voted in based on lies and undeliverable promises, and it had taken 2 and a half years for time and events to show they were terrible, would you be asking what’s the point in voting again if they were in the process of at last getting kicked out?
    Better analogy would be a Govt was elected but never given the chance to govern.

My summing up in this order is

Brexit gone

May gone.

Tories gone

So ELITE what odds can i get on that order of events.....

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yup, if we end up with no BREXIT what would be the point of voting for anything again in the future if it doesn't mean anything?
    Not the way to look at it at all. The vote was too close, even Farage said so, and more importantly it was

based on a pack of lies
    funded illegally
    affected by foreign interference
    without a definition of what leaving was

Add to that May botching up at every stage and of course we have to vote on the final outcome. Why would you deny people a final say after all of that? Why are leavers so scared of democracy and finding out what the country really wants to do now we have all the information?

If a really terrible government had been elected in 2016, voted in based on lies and undeliverable promises, and it had taken 2 and a half years for time and events to show they were terrible, would you be asking what’s the point in voting again if they were in the process of at last getting kicked out?
    Serious question BFP who do you think many of the 17 million leave voters will vote for in the next general election if brexit doesn't happen?

I think alot of the 17 million won't know who to vote for if Brexit doesn't go through seeing as most of the people I speak to who voted leave don't have a clue about normal political processes. They voted on getting immigrants out, getting an extra 350 million a week for the NHS, not getting two million turks descending on us when they join the EU (maybe in another 30 years time........) and because their grandparents told them to and they know more about it, (actually heard someone say this after they voted, the person in question was 21)

Lies were told on both sides of the campaign but I thought people would see through all those and do their own research. How anyone could vote for something that makes the country and it's citizens worse off after it happens is beyond stupidity. Even leavers say yeah it might be bad for a decade or so but we'll get there, what a load of nonsense, get where exactly? Back to a level that we're at in the EU? Better than the EU will be performing at that time? No one knows except that it's going to be a mess for quite awhile.

Also when people say 'well I was looking at it objectively and weighing up my options but then Juncker said do as your told so I voted leave' just shows their complete stupidity. I know let's risk the entire economic future of myself, my family and my future generations because Juncker is a big headed tw@t. Nice work people.

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast