+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I still think, (God forbid), May-bot will somehow get her deal thru. A lot of Tory minds will become oh so much more focused when the words 'No deal', 'No brexit' and '2nd referendum', are bandied about. That and the few Labour MP's who would vote for it might just carry the day. Most prob on the 2nd time of asking with a few promised, but non delivered amendments thrown in.
    Totally agree Gumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Doesn't even come close to the Farce instilled on the nation by Heath.
    Treason is still punishable by death. Considering the other accusations lined up against him, it may have been preferable.

Man was a maggot and the gullible still reside to the lies.

http://www.theeuroprobe.org/2017-012...to-heath-1972/
    I believe it as too be High Treason Tricky. Piracy and Arson( life is so unfair fatboy ) in Her Majesty's Shipyards being two.

... LIES, MORE LIES, DECEITS AND RIPOFFS.
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

BOHINEN says:
    If anyone like Sid imagines people will simply forget about it and carry on as if nothing has happened if we stay, they are delusional.

Well, Bo, there really is no one like me and besides I simply amplified current thinking. Didn't say whether I favoured it.

Whether or not people would forgive and forget if Brexit was not honoured would wholly depend on subsequent events.
    If Brexit was honoured by No Deal and the next 10 years were characterised by events as forecast by the Bank of England it would be the Brexiters who would finish up being hated and unforgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I dunno Sid,, long way to go yet. A lot of Tory MPs are weasels who say one thing and do another. Probably not enough to get May’s deal through the first time, but maybe enough to give her the encouragement to have a second go.

A second referendum could go either way imo. People don’t like being told they’re wrong, even when there’s ample evidence they are. So there’ll be a lot cutting noses to spite faces.
    What an absolutely condesending statement that is in parts.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    BOHINEN says:
    If anyone like Sid imagines people will simply forget about it and carry on as if nothing has happened if we stay, they are delusional.

Well, Bo, there really is no one like me and besides I simply amplified current thinking. Didn't say whether I favoured it.

Whether or not people would forgive and forget if Brexit was not honoured would wholly depend on subsequent events.
    If Brexit was honoured by No Deal and the next 10 years were characterised by events as forecast by the Bank of England it would be the Brexiters who would finish up being hated and unforgiven.
    That maybe so Sid, but it was what was voted for.
    You throw the dice and live by the outcome.

However, what if it was a success? Would the moaning brigade STFU once and for all and admit they was wrong?
    The bank of England gets it wrong often. You know this.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...-admits-errors

In fact it hasn't a clue whats going to happen a year from now, never mind 10 years.
    Carney is acting way above his station. He was in Camerons camp before. Since when does the Head of the Bank of England get political?
    Project fear knows no bounds and some folks are easily scared.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I dunno Sid,, long way to go yet. A lot of Tory MPs are weasels who say one thing and do another. Probably not enough to get May’s deal through the first time, but maybe enough to give her the encouragement to have a second go.

A second referendum could go either way imo. People don’t like being told they’re wrong, even when there’s ample evidence they are. So there’ll be a lot cutting noses to spite faces.
    A lot of Labour MPs are weasels who say one thing and do another

Mix and match to suit !

whatever happens it aint going to stop the ****ers getting into the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    A lot of Labour MPs are weasels who say one thing and do another

Mix and match to suit !
    To be fair, they are all weasels in one way or another.

I will show no one party loyalty. I vote for what i think is best for my beliefs at the time.
    The Conservatives and Labour have morons who would vote for a wheelie bin, if it had a blue or red rosette on it.

Brexit was handed to the wrong negotiators from day one.
    Those involved had only themselves and their private beliefs at heart.
    Labour don't give a monkeys, it's just a tool to force another election to get try and get Corbyn in number 10.

Doomed I tell you. OUT and stuff em all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... LIES, MORE LIES, DECEITS AND RIPOFFS.
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
    "I'm not keen on Corbyn either"
    Last edited by Pieeyedandlegless; 02-12-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast