+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

More cowardice from May - swearing the vote would go ahead then putting herself before the country yet again. Just like all the 'there will be no election' claptrap right up until she suddenly called one. Even Gove was saying 100% there will be a vote right up until today. When will we be shot of this lying, cowardly manipulative , pathetic excuse for a prime minister?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    To answer my original question: sure is.
    With every day that passes 'Remain' looks more likely. Best possible Christmas present.
    Whatever happens, May is totally discredited now.
    Will I be holding an election? Definitely not. Why should I?
    Will the vote definitely go ahead on Tuesday? Yes. I won't be putting it off.
    Oh if only there was an opposition worthy of the name.
    An opposition that does what you want? That would be LibDems and they'll never get elected in a million years unless they do another deal with the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    More cowardice from May - swearing the vote would go ahead then putting herself before the country yet again. Just like all the 'there will be no election' claptrap right up until she suddenly called one. Even Gove was saying 100% there will be a vote right up until today. When will we be shot of this lying, cowardly manipulative , pathetic excuse for a prime minister?
    I completely agree. Is she trying to keep herself in power? Her party? This is bigger than her or the Conservative party, she's not going to get a significantly better deal so just resign and say 'I did my best' and either have an election or let a Brexiteer govern us into a hard Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yep. She tells MPs that a second vote would be an affront to democracy while pretending with a straight face that the current mess isn’t.

Corbyn has to take his share of the responsibility as well though. A competent opposition would have had this shower out months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yep. She tells MPs that a second vote would be an affront to democracy while pretending with a straight face that the current mess isn’t.

Corbyn has to take his share of the responsibility as well though. A competent opposition would have had this shower out months ago.
    Some expert on Parl procedure got it bob on when he was being interviewed. The people have voted for something that the politicians not only don't want to deliver but are loathed to, and at the moment they are looking for any way out of performing their 'duty; that they can cobble together.
    Last edited by countygump; 10-12-2018 at 08:50 PM.

I don't agree about Corbyn. Does the expression 'don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes' ring a bell? If he had jumped on the second referendum bandwagon, whole swathes of his voter base would never have voted Labour again. Now Labour are perhaps poised to form a government, if May cocks up again, which is almost inevitable. Don't expect him to cancel Brexit though, that's what voters asked for whether you like that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I don't agree about Corbyn. Does the expression 'don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes' ring a bell? If he had jumped on the second referendum bandwagon, whole swathes of his voter base would never have voted Labour again. Now Labour are perhaps poised to form a government, if May cocks up again, which is almost inevitable. Don't expect him to cancel Brexit though, that's what voters asked for whether you like that or not.
    Jeremy Corbyn would probably negotiate a better Brexit deal than Theresa May has, to be fair. He's a leaver at heart.

The country desperately needs to move on to the next stage of all this, with May taking whatever fate is coming her way. But part of the calculations to delay will be about labour, it ratchets up pressure on them. I hope all those MPs who want a second vote don't get hysterical now it looks like another month is going to go up in smoke. Let Corbyn and his team manage it so it's the Government that blows up first.

As we can see from this thread, both Brexiters and the people who voted for it will never admit they were wrong. It’ll always be the fault of Remainers, or Mark Carney, or Corbyn, or the BBC(!) or the EU, or the courts or the “Establishment”.

It’ll never be the fault of Davis who ran away, or Johnson who ran away, or Farage who ran away or Raab who ran away or Banks who was in regular contact with the Russian govt and then lied about it or Rees Mogg who can’t count. Or any other clown who promised the earth without a clue on how to deliver it.
    Gove's actions would suggest that he feels he got it wrong.!!!
    Instead of chucking it in, he stood by May and her lies and amid all this has supported her every word. Even though the deal she has supposedly struck (or perhaps I say her wish list) goes against the grain of what Brexit was all about....!!
    He should be strung up by his goolies and hung out to dry in the January snow falls ! along with May of course whos the biggest Liar I have possible ever come across in my life ..Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 11-12-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Gove's actions would suggest that he feels he got it wrong.!!!
    Instead of chucking it in, he stood by May and her lies and amid all this has supported her every word. Even though the deal she has supposedly struck (or perhaps I say her wish list) goes against the grain of what Brexit was all about....!!
    He should be strung up by his goolies and hung out to dry in the January snow falls ! along with May of course whos the biggest Liar I have possible ever come across in my life ..Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
    I am not a May supporter - she's made a huge mess of this ...... but what are all these lies that she's told? I see her changing her mind about things (election, this vote etc) and the 'deal' falls way below what the Brexiters wanted, but just not sure what all these lies are?

Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast