+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Did you see Drunker(I call him that cos he drinks too much haha) manhandle our glorious PM today, that man has no shame.

I’ve heard if we stop in Sharia Law will be compulsory after 2022, all girls will have to wear the niquab, God Save the Queen will be banned, Ode to Joy sung every day in schools, and everyone with a spare room will have to give it to an immigrunt.

WHY ARE THEY MESSING ABOUT, GET US OUT NOW!!
    We won't have any immigrants cos no planes can take off and land, plague will ravish the population and we have no medicines, we will become a third world country. Bring on the people's vote
    Last edited by i961pie; 14-12-2018 at 03:10 PM.

God Save the Queen will be banned
    It already was, in 1977

Just watched question time on catch up.
    What a piece of work Caroline Lucas is. A rabid remainer, refuses to listen to the opinions of those that want to leave. Patronising and arrogant. Yet she must have the memories of a gold fish.

Lucas is a prolific writer of reports, articles and books on the subjects of trade justice, localisation, globalisation, animal welfare and food, in which she is critical of free trade, a Single European Currency, trade-led developmental policies, genetically modified (GM) food and a lack of attention to environmental and social issues.[41] Her most substantial work is Green Alternatives to Globalisation: A Manifesto (co-authored with Mike Woodin), which advocates localisation of economies based on minimal trade and greater social and environmental concern, in opposition to neo-liberal, market-led forces of globalisation.[42]

In early 2013, Lucas co-signed a letter which was published in The Guardian newspaper which officially marked her support for the People's Assembly movement.[43] She also gave a speech at the People's Assembly Conference, held at Westminster Central Hall on 22 June 2013. A book by Lucas on her time in parliament, Honourable Friends: Parliament and the Fight for Change, was published in 2015.[44]

In August 2015, Lucas endorsed Jeremy Corbyn's campaign in the Labour Party leadership election. She wrote in The Independent: "I've never felt so optimistic about a potential leader of the Labour Party. For the first time in my memory, the party of Keir Hardie and Clement Attlee looks likely to be led again by someone who dares to stand up for the radical changes demanded by the challenges we face."[45]

On 15 April 2018, Lucas attended the launch event of the People's Vote, a campaign group calling for a public vote on the final Brexit deal between the UK and the European Union.[46]

Still, she probably doesn't know what she's voting for I suppose.

Did you see Drunker(I call him that cos he drinks too much haha) manhandle our glorious PM today, that man has no shame.

I’ve heard if we stop in Sharia Law will be compulsory after 2022, all girls will have to wear the niquab, God Save the Queen will be banned, Ode to Joy sung every day in schools, and everyone with a spare room will have to give it to an immigrunt.

WHY ARE THEY MESSING ABOUT, GET US OUT NOW!!
    "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own,"

Jonathan Swift, lasher of human hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It already was, in 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own,"

Jonathan Swift, lasher of human hypocrisy.
    Have you got a book of quotations next to the toilet?

“Don’t start sh!tting until you’ve made sure there’s bog roll”
    BigFatPie 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Just watched question time on catch up.
    What a piece of work Caroline Lucas is. A rabid remainer, refuses to listen to the opinions of those that want to leave. Patronising and arrogant. Yet she must have the memories of a gold fish.

Lucas is a prolific writer of reports, articles and books on the subjects of trade justice, localisation, globalisation, animal welfare and food, in which she is critical of free trade, a Single European Currency, trade-led developmental policies, genetically modified (GM) food and a lack of attention to environmental and social issues.[41] Her most substantial work is Green Alternatives to Globalisation: A Manifesto (co-authored with Mike Woodin), which advocates localisation of economies based on minimal trade and greater social and environmental concern, in opposition to neo-liberal, market-led forces of globalisation.[42]

In early 2013, Lucas co-signed a letter which was published in The Guardian newspaper which officially marked her support for the People's Assembly movement.[43] She also gave a speech at the People's Assembly Conference, held at Westminster Central Hall on 22 June 2013. A book by Lucas on her time in parliament, Honourable Friends: Parliament and the Fight for Change, was published in 2015.[44]

In August 2015, Lucas endorsed Jeremy Corbyn's campaign in the Labour Party leadership election. She wrote in The Independent: "I've never felt so optimistic about a potential leader of the Labour Party. For the first time in my memory, the party of Keir Hardie and Clement Attlee looks likely to be led again by someone who dares to stand up for the radical changes demanded by the challenges we face."[45]

On 15 April 2018, Lucas attended the launch event of the People's Vote, a campaign group calling for a public vote on the final Brexit deal between the UK and the European Union.[46]

Still, she probably doesn't know what she's voting for I suppose.
    'A rabid remainer, refuses to listen to the opinions of those that want to leave'.

Maybe they should have had Jacob Rees-Mogg on who says that Theresa May suffered a terrible defeat (only winning 63 - 37)!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'A rabid remainer, refuses to listen to the opinions of those that want to leave'.

Maybe they should have had Jacob Rees-Mogg on who says that Theresa May suffered a terrible defeat (only winning 63 - 37)!
    Over your head obviously, maybe the quote was too long?
    Let me help.

On 15 April 2018, Lucas attended the launch event of the People's Vote, a campaign group calling for a public vote on the final Brexit deal between the UK and the European Union. ( ie wants to remain)

Now slaughter Rees Mogg all you want. Is he hypocritical like that? I think you'll find he isn't.
    But some politicians hide behind their true beliefs.

Listen to Nigel. He's correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YLdqLqZX4

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Over your head obviously, maybe the quote was too long?
    Let me help.

On 15 April 2018, Lucas attended the launch event of the People's Vote, a campaign group calling for a public vote on the final Brexit deal between the UK and the European Union. ( ie wants to remain)

Now slaughter Rees Mogg all you want. Is he hypocritical like that? I think you'll find he isn't.
    But some politicians hide behind their true beliefs.
    Over your head obviously.

You said she refuses to listen to anyone who wants to leave.

Whereas JRM listens to everyone and is willing to accept things when they don't go his way!

What did you think to Nicky Morgan's comments that she argued for a meaningful vote in parliament (which is now being used by Brexiters and others to stop the deal agreed) and received death threats for it?

Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast