+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    That maybe so Sid, but it was what was voted for.
    You throw the dice and live by the outcome.

However, what if it was a success? Would the moaning brigade STFU once and for all and admit they was wrong?
    The bank of England gets it wrong often. You know this.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...-admits-errors

In fact it hasn't a clue whats going to happen a year from now, never mind 10 years.
    Carney is acting way above his station. He was in Camerons camp before. Since when does the Head of the Bank of England get political?
    Project fear knows no bounds and some folks are easily scared.
    Maybe, just maybe, he isn't being political but is saying what he professionally believes.

The whole thing has become a farce, and will get worse especially if May and Corbyn go head to head. It should be May and others who take different viewpoints, even if they are Tory. It is in danger of being electioneering by Corbyn.

That maybe so Sid, but it was what was voted for.
    You throw the dice and live by the outcome.

However, what if it was a success? Would the moaning brigade STFU once and for all and admit they was wrong?
    The bank of England gets it wrong often. You know this.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...-admits-errors

In fact it hasn't a clue whats going to happen a year from now, never mind 10 years.
    Carney is acting way above his station. He was in Camerons camp before. Since when does the Head of the Bank of England get political?
    Project fear knows no bounds and some folks are easily scared.
    Is project fear designed to mislead? If it exists, obviously it is.

But Leave deliberately misled with figures but that was ok - in fact Remainers are told that they shouldn't be so gullible and that was only suggesting something!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Is project fear designed to mislead? If it exists, obviously it is.

But Leave deliberately misled with figures but that was ok - in fact Remainers are told that they shouldn't be so gullible and that was only suggesting something!
    MM,
    The man who called this vote and his side kick, came out with this, if the vote went leave. We would find ourselves-
    1. Looking at WW3
    2. An emergency Brexit tax would have to be imposed
    3. Every family would be £5 k worse off
    4. 900 000 would have to be made unemployed
    5. House prices would plummet by 30%

Now who was scaring who?
    Who was more gullible?

Politicians mislead us every time they ask us to vote. Cameron only got elected because he promised a referendum, and when the result went against him, he ran away.

I didn't particularly want to leave the EU but I was asked to vote in a democratic referendum and I voted Leave. Now, I absolutely expect that wish to be carried out. I also expect my MP, Vernon Coaker, who represents a Labour Leavers constituency, to represent me properly. Voters will not forgive being ignored on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I didn't particularly want to leave the EU but I was asked to vote in a democratic referendum and I voted Leave. Now, I absolutely expect that wish to be carried out.
    Why? Why insist that we carry out a wish that obviously isn't going to happen? The Utopian vision sold by Farage & Co back in 2016 is now a million miles away. Now we know more, why should we stick rigidly to a vote that was won on a pack of lies?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Why? Why insist that we carry out a wish that obviously isn't going to happen? The Utopian vision sold by Farage & Co back in 2016 is now a million miles away. Now we know more, why should we stick rigidly to a vote that was won on a pack of lies?
    I didn't buy into that vision at all. I just don't see why the EU should dictate how we run our affairs. We perhaps couldn't even renationalise rail, gas, electricity and water because it would represent 'unfair competition' and subsidy of nationalised industries would be illegal under EU law. But I think essential services are better run by the state than left in private hands. I know that's a bit left of where you are, but you see what I mean, surely? Well, that's where Corbyn was coming from in his many years of opposition to the EU.

A lot of the Brits voting leave did so because their standard of living is threatened by people coming in from the EU and undercutting their wages. They come here and take our jobs? Yes, well, they do, which is why big business interests are so in favour of EU membership and the unlimited supply of cheap labour it creates.

Also, I despise Macron and Merkel, who are globalists who want to run Europe on behalf of the banks and big businesses they represent. Macron can't even control Paris, so I don't see how he should be running Europe, although maybe if his Mum helped out more ...

I didn't buy into that vision at all. I just don't see why the EU should dictate how we run our affairs. We perhaps couldn't even renationalise rail, gas, electricity and water because it would represent 'unfair competition' and subsidy of nationalised industries would be illegal under EU law. But I think essential services are better run by the state than left in private hands. I know that's a bit left of where you are, but you see what I mean, surely?
    I see what you mean, and agree in principle. I would prefer essential services to be run efficiently by the state rather than by private companies putting shareholders first. It boils down to a 'lesser of two evils' choice for me. Do we want decisions made by an incompetent Tory government or a self-serving EU? I'd reluctantly opt for the latter.

I didn't buy into that vision at all. I just don't see why the EU should dictate how we run our affairs. We perhaps couldn't even renationalise rail, gas, electricity and water because it would represent 'unfair competition' and subsidy of nationalised industries would be illegal under EU law. But I think essential services are better run by the state than left in private hands. I know that's a bit left of where you are, but you see what I mean, surely? Well, that's where Corbyn was coming from in his many years of opposition to the EU.

A lot of the Brits voting leave did so because their standard of living is threatened by people coming in from the EU and undercutting their wages. They come here and take our jobs? Yes, well, they do, which is why big business interests are so in favour of EU membership and the unlimited supply of cheap labour it creates.

Also, I despise Macron and Merkel, who are globalists who want to run Europe on behalf of the banks and big businesses they represent. Macron can't even control Paris, so I don't see how he should be running Europe, although maybe if his Mum helped out more ...
    I must be living in a parallel universe then where our electricity and rail services are provided by state-owned companies !

Whenever 52% of the country vote for something against 48% of the country it's always going to be a complete mess, it should have been a 60/40 majority for whichever side won. Didn't the king of Brexit Farage advocate this?

I think it'll get through eventually so Brexiteers won't be happy and Remainers won't be happy. What a balls up.

MM,
    The man who called this vote and his side kick, came out with this, if the vote went leave. We would find ourselves-
    1. Looking at WW3
    2. An emergency Brexit tax would have to be imposed
    3. Every family would be £5 k worse off
    4. 900 000 would have to be made unemployed
    5. House prices would plummet by 30%

Now who was scaring who?
    Who was more gullible?
    If you can show me where Cameron mentioned WW3 then I will start to take your post seriously.

That is all I ask for - a quote.

And you have said we should walk away with no deal - how will that work in practice?

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast