+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    0.7 % of the UK population are millionaires
    79% of MP's are millionaires.

Nuff said.
    100% of Rees-Mogg, Johnson and Farage are millionaires, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    0.7 % of the UK population are millionaires
    79% of MP's are millionaires.

Nuff said.
    And?

I see "Taking control of our own destiny" is still going really well! In preparation for a no-deal Brexit the government have spent £108 million awarding ferry contracts to cope with the expected chaos it will cause. Now £93.9 million of this has been given to French and Danish companies (how does that work when we don't need the EU?) but even funnier is that the £13.8 million contract awarded to a British firm has gone to one that has no ships, no trading history, and has never run a ferry service before! Was the 'due diligence' done by the same lot who approved Russell King? Even funnier than that, the Tory councillor who is questioning the merits of the deal looks like the winner of a Boris Johnson lookalike competition! If this was the script for a Brian Rix farce it would be rejected as being too ridiculous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46714984

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I see "Taking control of our own destiny" is still going really well! In preparation for a no-deal Brexit the government have spent £108 million awarding ferry contracts to cope with the expected chaos it will cause. Now £93.9 million of this has been given to French and Danish companies (how does that work when we don't need the EU?) but even funnier is that the £13.8 million contract awarded to a British firm has gone to one that has no ships, no trading history, and has never run a ferry service before! Was the 'due diligence' done by the same lot who approved Russell King? Even funnier than that, the Tory councillor who is questioning the merits of the deal looks like the winner of a Boris Johnson lookalike competition! If this was the script for a Brian Rix farce it would be rejected as being too ridiculous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46714984
    None of that makes voting leave wrong, all it does is proves what a useless bunch of wasters we have in government and parliament in general.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    None of that makes voting leave wrong, all it does is proves what a useless bunch of wasters we have in government and parliament in general.
    But when you voted leave, didn't you realise that you were trusting our future to the "useless bunch of wasters we have in government and parliament in general".

But when you voted leave, didn't you realise that you were trusting our future to the "useless bunch of wasters we have in government and parliament in general".
    We have to trust the government of the day with our future on everything not just brexit, but no I didn't realise what a crap job they would have made of it.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We have to trust the government of the day with our future on everything not just brexit, but no I didn't realise what a crap job they would have made of it.
    Some of us did, i961. I can't be bothered to unearth the fred but I also remember saying on here within a week of the result that Ireland would be an unmountable stumbling block. This is an unsolvable mess and God knows where we will finish up.

Well, should Brexit not be fully implemented we will no longer have to concern ourselves with the paucity of our politicians or who to vote for. That weight of responsibility will no longer be relevant. It may continue for appearance sake but it will not matter one jot.

If I'd have known beforehand that a Leave win would result in the spectacle of a ****** up Anna Soubry telling the world that her Mum and daughters cried (no mention of her Morrisons director 'other half' though) I'd have registered as a student and voted Leave twice.
    Just to be doubly sure. Comedy Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Some of us did, i961. I can't be bothered to unearth the fred but I also remember saying on here within a week of the result that Ireland would be an unmountable stumbling block. This is an unsolvable mess and God knows where we will finish up.
    Yes you keep telling everyone about it but as you are a remain voter there was no obvious bias in your comments !

I wouldn’t worry too much about it as it is clear that Brexit won’t happen anyway May doesn’t want it to either that is why she is putting forward such stupid ideas knowing it will get rejected.

Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast