+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

No i want me lloyds share price to go back up and this mess scuppered it 😂😂😂

Its a percentage thing anyway our 1 vote really wouldnt change much. We do get to vote in the UN which imo is very much a must.

I dont get how we would or could lose a vote as a full member of the EU? Please explain

... oh dear. Tempted to say go look it up yourself. However, we/all EU member countries are losing the right to veto aspects of EU that are not in the interests of their country. It's not a vote; it's a veto.

Its already like that ive looked it up so what you said is wrong we wont lose our vote only on some issues as it already is. by the way our percentage is now 13% down from 17% and if we leave we will lose all rights so dont get your point oh dear. The issues will be irrelevant anyway or they couldn't get it through.

Veto means to forbid so it is a vote against

...never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    This is the old argument that because Germany sells us a lot of cars Merkel will give us favourable conditions, but I think that has been disproved. In my opinion that is because if that happens the single market will disintegrate and they will actually lose money overall. I think these countries are prepared to take the hit in order to protect the single market.

You mention that EU trade with the UK will be worth as much as EU trade with the US so they won't impose tariffs, but they do impose tariffs on imports from the US.
    Germany can probably afford to take a hit as you put it but the likes of Greece, Italy, Spain and a few more certainly can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The vote next week will be very interesting. It seems that MPs have to either support her negotiated deal or go down the no-deal route, which would benefit very few. I think it all depends on what the EU are prepared to offer, and seeing as a no-deal could hurt them as much as us, they might just bend enough to offer her a lifeline. I thought she would lose the vote heavily, now I think she has a glimmer of hope. If she manages to get a majority to support her deal then she will have surprised me, but even if it does get passed I don't think it will be to the satisfaction of too many whichever way they voted.
    The EU doesn't need to offer anything, there are enough Quislings in the government to do their job for them.

Anyway, in other news Donald Trump has just demoted the EU's diplomatic status from 'member state' to 'international organisation'.
    Without even telling them.

They finally twigged after their 'ambassador' stopped receiving invites to official parties and Bush's funeral.
    If there's one thing an EU drone enjoys it's parties. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Germany can probably afford to take a hit as you put it but the likes of Greece, Italy, Spain and a few more certainly can't.
    You might be missing the point.

Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast