+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

The UK Government will be halting article 50 before March 29th. Brexit is on its last legs in this incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    The UK Government will be halting article 50 before March 29th. Brexit is on its last legs in this incarnation.
    Fact or opinion?

I had no idea you was a soothsayer

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Fact or opinion?

I had no idea you was a soothsayer
    Opinion.

May's Deal has no chance of getting through Parliament and there is no way in the world a majority of MP's would allow no-deal and the predicted economic fall-out come to pass on their watch (except for a few Tories at stand to make some serious cash off the back of the economic shock). The EU has now said the UK can pull the plug on article 50 on it's own, I would make this now the extremely strong favourite.

Brexit has been a stupid mistake from the moment Cameron added it to the 2015 Conservative manifesto, time some folks admitted to their mistake/accept that they have been duped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Opinion.

May's Deal has no chance of getting through Parliament and there is no way in the world a majority of MP's would allow no-deal and the predicted economic fall-out come to pass on their watch (except for a few Tories at stand to make some serious cash off the back of the economic shock). The EU has now said the UK can pull the plug on article 50 on it's own, I would make this now the extremely strong favourite.

Brexit has been a stupid mistake from the moment Cameron added it to the 2015 Conservative manifesto, time some folks admitted to their mistake/accept that they have been duped.
    Well its an interesting analogy.
    I still don't think you've grasped the core of why folks voted out in the first place.
    As for the stupid mistake comment. Do you deny that Heath "DUPED" the nation in the first place, by burying the truth of what we was signing up to?

He still didn't reveal it, when we was asked again in 1974, whether we wanted to stay in a "common market"
    We have never been asked again since and been dragged along through the Lisbon agreement etc. So much for democracy.

Your contempt for Cameron giving that vote, is one of federalist perspective.
    Sure Cameron didn't think he'd lose. But it goes to show, that the population has a voice and ignore it at your peril.
    If May leaves us IN the EU, then that is the Conservatives done for 20 years.

I'm afraid to disagree with you. The ruling on unilateral withdrawal from article 50, is another EU ploy.
    In fact it's laughable, that you can unilaterally STAY IN THE EU, but according to May's deal, you can't withdraw from any signed deal.

It shows more and more what a distasteful entity it really is.
    From the moment Junker said, "get with the programme and do as you are told" was enough for me and millions of others.

Whether we stay in or leave I believe the whole thing has got a limited shelf life, looking at what is happening in some European countries.The common market was a good idea, but in my opinion political alignment was never going to work.

From the moment Junker said, "get with the programme and do as you are told" was enough for me and millions of others.
    Ah right so before that you were a swing voter weighing up the pros and cons?

What did he actually say anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ah right so before that you were a swing voter weighing up the pros and cons?

What did he actually say anyway?
    I never had Tricky down as a swinger.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I never had Tricky down as a swinger.
    I don't think he's into sharing.

Well its an interesting analogy.
    I still don't think you've grasped the core of why folks voted out in the first place.
    As for the stupid mistake comment. Do you deny that Heath "DUPED" the nation in the first place, by burying the truth of what we was signing up to?

He still didn't reveal it, when we was asked again in 1974, whether we wanted to stay in a "common market"
    We have never been asked again since and been dragged along through the Lisbon agreement etc. So much for democracy.

Your contempt for Cameron giving that vote, is one of federalist perspective.
    Sure Cameron didn't think he'd lose. But it goes to show, that the population has a voice and ignore it at your peril.
    If May leaves us IN the EU, then that is the Conservatives done for 20 years.

I'm afraid to disagree with you. The ruling on unilateral withdrawal from article 50, is another EU ploy.
    In fact it's laughable, that you can unilaterally STAY IN THE EU, but according to May's deal, you can't withdraw from any signed deal.

It shows more and more what a distasteful entity it really is.
    I honestly could not give two sh!t's what Heath did or did not say in 1974 - we are where we are now and need to look at what is best for the UK. I have little doubt (and nor do the majority of MP's) that staying in the EU is better than crashing out with no deal or May's deal. The Leave side sold a fantasy world which was always undeliverable.

I imagine a second referendum will also show that outcome, even if no one has changed their minds the demographic of the country has changed since June 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I don't think he's into sharing.
    Trust you, I was trying to be serious.

Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast