+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Yes you keep telling everyone about it but as you are a remain voter there was no obvious bias in your comments !

I wouldn’t worry too much about it as it is clear that Brexit won’t happen anyway May doesn’t want it to either that is why she is putting forward such stupid ideas knowing it will get rejected.
    Then it'll be a no deal then. If Brexit doesn't happen then the Conservatives are pretty much dead in the water at the next election that will happen staright afterwards. Unfortunately that will see a Labour government that also wants to stay in the EU and will make the country bankrupt!!!

I for one will not be voting ever again, what's the point if a winning vote leads to losing side to win????

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

At over 300,000 this is now the largest petition on the government site but strangely not reported on the news.
    Why am I not surprised.

Who cares? 300k whingers. What is the point of democracy if the vote outcome is argued?
    The people voted and the outcome now needs to be delivered. Let’s be honest it’s not the fault of us, the people, that we find ourselves in this nightmare. Politicians have a lot to answer for, starting with all the BS during the referendum. Then to compound that, putting someone in charge who is a devout stayer whilst those who wanted out, distanced themselves.
    It’s been a classic stirring of a hornets nest.
    Whole thing is a shambles and the sooner it’s done, the better, so we can hopefully move forward, but it can not be on Theresa Mays terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Who cares? 300k whingers. What is the point of democracy if the vote outcome is argued?
    The people voted and the outcome now needs to be delivered. Let’s be honest it’s not the fault of us, the people, that we find ourselves in this nightmare. Politicians have a lot to answer for, starting with all the BS during the referendum. Then to compound that, putting someone in charge who is a devout stayer whilst those who wanted out, distanced themselves.
    Whole thing is a shambles and the sooner it’s done, the better, so we can hopefully move forward, but it can not be on Theresa Mays terms.
    The Petition is
    Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think you have the wrong end of the stick

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

At over 300,000 this is now the largest petition on the government site but strangely not reported on the news.
    Why am I not surprised.
    So 1% of those who cast a Brexit vote have signed a petition to leave without a deal.

I'd hardly call that newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So 1% of those who cast a Brexit vote have signed a petition to leave without a deal.

I'd hardly call that newsworthy.
    What % went on remain marches covered in depth by the establishment media?
    Last edited by forwardmagpie; 06-01-2019 at 12:18 PM.

What % went on remain marches covered in depth by the establishment media?
    You tell me, but I suspect a march where people get off their arses and provide something to film or report on is far more likely to make the news and papers than a tiny percentage of the electorate clicking on a petition. What report or headlines did you want?

"ONE IN EVERY HUNDRED VOTERS SIGN ONLINE NO-DEAL PETITION".

Hold the front page!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You tell me, but I suspect a march where people get off their arses and provide something to film or report on is far more likely to make the news and papers than a tiny percentage of the electorate clicking on a petition. What report or headlines did you want?

"ONE IN EVERY HUNDRED VOTERS SIGN ONLINE NO-DEAL PETITION".

Hold the front page!
    Loads of newspaper coverage and comment by Experts like Elitepie when Channel 4 did a survey of 20,000 people but you will never convince hypocrites of anything!

Loads of newspaper coverage and comment by Experts like Elitepie when Channel 4 did a survey of 20,000 people but you will never convince hypocrites of anything!
    There are several surveys and polls around saying most people now favour remaining, very few back Theresa May's deal, and plenty want a second referendum. Write them off as inaccurate if you wish, but I can't see why you are so peeved that something only 1% have signed doesn't make the news!

ps take that 300,000 as a percentage of the total electorate and the support for it falls to 0.65%!!!

Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast