+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I agree that it's a trip into the unknown. With 39 billion pounds in our pockets, it might make for an easier journey.
    It sounds good, but the truth is we won't have 39 billion pounds in our pockets. That was apparently what we contributed, but it discounts the numerous grants, subsidies, projects etc we got in return, along with the incalculable benefits from trade deals. If anyone think this Tory government will come up with a plan to make us better off, they are more optimistic than me (or called Soccerman).

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It sounds good, but the truth is we won't have 39 billion pounds in our pockets. That was apparently what we contributed, but it discounts the numerous grants, subsidies, projects etc we got in return, along with the incalculable benefits from trade deals. If anyone think this Tory government will come up with a plan to make us better off, they are more optimistic than me (or called Soccerman).
    I have contempt for them, and it's true we won't actually have 39 billion because our economy is in tatters, but we will lose 39 billion less in the future from a very bad deal we have with the EU. That might mitigate their losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    The Chancellor who wants keep allowing unlimited EU migration because it provides cheap labour for his big business chums and now says he wants a second referendum. You are on his side, just reflect on that for a moment.

Chancellor Philip Hammond and Business Secretary Greg Clark are pushing for a proposed minimum salary for people coming to the UK to be reduced or be exempt for certain jobs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-Brexit.htmlhttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-Brexit.html
    Instead of quoting the Daily Mail, show me actual evidence that immigration lowers wages. I’ve looked, and there’s very little. Until recently I thought blaming immigration for things was the preserve of the far right. Whose side are you on?

I’m in a trade union that provides for great wages, terms, and conditions for all its members, immigrants or otherwise. Falling trade union membership leads to lower wages far more than immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Instead of quoting the Daily Mail, show me actual evidence that immigration lowers wages. I’ve looked, and there’s very little. Until recently I thought blaming immigration for things was the preserve of the far right. Whose side are you on?

I’m in a trade union that provides for great wages, terms, and conditions for all its members, immigrants or otherwise. Falling trade union membership leads to lower wages far more than immigration.
    You seem to be an avid Daily Mail reader.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You seem to be an avid Daily Mail reader.
    That's because the new editor has totally reversed the Mail's political stance.
    Lefties can no longer use 'Mail reader' as a derogatory term because it's now Guardian Lite.

Been a Daily Mirror reader all my life but if you could drop your copy of the Mail around mine when you're done fatboy, perhaps I could try to make an informed judgement,
    Last edited by navypie; 19-12-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Been a Daily Mirror reader all my life but if you could drop your copy of the Mail around mine when you're done fatboy, perhaps I could try to make an informed judgement,
    I’d rather do a stretch in the brig with you Pugwash than buy a copy of that rag.

I could have quoted from anywhere. Of course unlimited immigration lowers wages, as it creates a massive pool of cheap labour, that's why the likes of Hammond are so keen on EU membership. Don't try and paint me as a racist, I file you with Tories. You are an utter ****er.

I’d rather do a stretch in the brig with you Pugwash than buy a copy of that rag.
    I would hope that you're aware that the Navy doesn't imprison civilians or children's characters.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I would hope that you're aware that the Navy doesn't imprison civilians or children's characters.
    I'd have had him down for the barrel not the brig. <whistling>

Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast