+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

My friend BFP has said from the beginning that Brexit would not happen and it looks as though he may be right. The majority against May's deal is anywhere between 250 and 400 so it's hard to see how that could change.
    Her backers have said that the alternatives are NO DEAL or NO BREXIT. Can't see any living politician with the support to carry through the first so No Brexit is looking very possible.
    Merry Christmas, chaps,
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-03-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Que sera sera..

Quote Originally Posted by downunderpie View Post
    Que sera sera..
    Yeah, that. But whatever party is seen to be denying Brexit will never get elected again.

Labour have made a very unwise decision to allow Starmer to have his way, as previously the sitting on the fence policy was working for them. God knows what I would vote if there were a second referendum. What will be on the ballot paper, this deal or stay in the EU? I don't want either.

If anyone like Sid imagines people will simply forget about it and carry on as if nothing has happened if we stay, they are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yeah, that. But whatever party is seen to be denying Brexit will never get elected again.

Labour have made a very unwise decision to allow Starmer to have his way, as previously the sitting on the fence policy was working for them. God knows what I would vote if there were a second referendum. What will be on the ballot paper, this deal or stay in the EU? I don't want either.

If anyone like Sid imagines people will simply forget about it and carry on as if nothing has happened if we stay, they are delusional.
    This^^^.

People won't easily forget that a decision that was made in a democratic vote was reneged upon. IMO, no deal and the short term pain that will surely follow is looking to be the best option atm, given the alternatives. If there were a second 'sour grapes/losers vote', I would imagine a fair number of people would boycott it, (me included), making it a pointless exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^^.

People won't easily forget that a decision that was made in a democratic vote was reneged upon. IMO, no deal and the short term pain that will surely follow is looking to be the best option atm, given the alternatives. If there were a second 'sour grapes/losers vote', I would imagine a fair number of people would boycott it, (me included), making it a pointless exercise.
    ^^^^
    This

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    My friend BFP has said from the beginning that Brexit would not happen and it looks as though he may be right. The majority against May's deal is anywhere between 250 and 400 so it's hard to see how that could change.
    Her backers have said that the alternatives are NO DEAL or NO BREXIT. Can't see any living politician with the support to carry through the first so No Brexit is looking very possible.
    Merry Christmas, chaps,
    Well, we all know the second vote on the final deal is on the way.
    Brexit collapsing would be the best xmas present ever. It deserves to collapse, it's been a farce from start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Brexit collapsing would be the best xmas present ever. It deserves to collapse, it's been a farce from start to finish
    Do you honestly think any of what you have put will happen? I suggest you look for an alternative Xmas present

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Merry Christmas, chaps,
    I dunno Sid,, long way to go yet. A lot of Tory MPs are weasels who say one thing and do another. Probably not enough to get May’s deal through the first time, but maybe enough to give her the encouragement to have a second go.

A second referendum could go either way imo. People don’t like being told they’re wrong, even when there’s ample evidence they are. So there’ll be a lot cutting noses to spite faces.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I dunno Sid,, long way to go yet. A lot of Tory MPs are weasels who say one thing and do another. Probably not enough to get May’s deal through the first time, but maybe enough to give her the encouragement to have a second go.

A second referendum could go either way imo. People don’t like being told they’re wrong, even when there’s ample evidence they are. So there’ll be a lot cutting noses to spite faces.
    I still think, (God forbid), May-bot will somehow get her deal thru. A lot of Tory minds will become oh so much more focused when the words 'No deal', 'No brexit' and '2nd referendum', are bandied about. That and the few Labour MP's who would vote for it might just carry the day. Most prob on the 2nd time of asking with a few promised, but non delivered amendments thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Doesn't even come close to the Farce instilled on the nation by Heath.
    Treason is still punishable by death. Considering the other accusations lined up against him, it may have been preferable.

Man was a maggot and the gullible still reside to the lies.

http://www.theeuroprobe.org/2017-012...to-heath-1972/

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast