+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Yes, a queer threesome indeed.
    HaylePie is undoubtedly logging on as I write to complain that this post doesn’t demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the inner workings of the Stability and Growth Pact.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    There is a difference between a second referendum and a vote on whether we should accept the terms agreed (as long as one of the options is not 'Remain in the EU')
    Of course.

Ireland/Holland/Denmark, have another go and another.
    We'll tell you when you get the right answer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS- Love is all you need

https://order-order.com/2018/12/03/l...Ozk5PACjb2I2tE

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    HaylePie is undoubtedly logging on as I write to complain that this post doesn’t demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the inner workings of the Stability and Growth Pact.
    Sorry BFP, when you asked 'What are the EUs restrictions on borrowing and what rules apply to the UK that don’t apply to France or Germany? As far as I can see, Corbyn can do what he likes with the gas and electric companies, particularly if he commits fully to measures to combat climate change.

Not trying to make a point, I don’t honestly know.'

I thought I was being helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HaylePie View Post
    Sorry BFP, when you asked 'What are the EUs restrictions on borrowing and what rules apply to the UK that don’t apply to France or Germany? As far as I can see, Corbyn can do what he likes with the gas and electric companies, particularly if he commits fully to measures to combat climate change.

Not trying to make a point, I don’t honestly know.'

I thought I was being helpful.
    Fair enough I did, and I apologise for being sarky.

I did try to read the wiki article on the Growth and Stability Pact, and I think it’s fair to say you would need to be educated to at least degree level in economics and statistics to make head or tail of it. Another reason why the referendum shouldn’t have been called in the first place.

If you’re interested, the think tank UK in a Changing Europe has produced a report on the effects of the UK reverting to WTO rules. Up to you to decide the merits of it, but according to them, it’s bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Of course.

Ireland/Holland/Denmark, have another go and another.
    We'll tell you when you get the right answer.
    Of course, you have deliberately ignored the last part of my post. I made it clear that to remain in the EU should not be an option even if there was a people's vote. It is different to a 2nd Referendum where the question would be the same as the first time.

A 2nd referendum should not be held imo.

To answer my original question: sure is.
    With every day that passes 'Remain' looks more likely. Best possible Christmas present.
    Whatever happens, May is totally discredited now.
    Will I be holding an election? Definitely not. Why should I?
    Will the vote definitely go ahead on Tuesday? Yes. I won't be putting it off.
    Oh if only there was an opposition worthy of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    With every day that passes 'Remain' looks more likely. Best possible Christmas present.
    Looks like she's going to take it to the wire and let parliament choose between mk2 of her deal or hard Brexit with only 9 weeks to prepare. A risky strategy if you ask me. Unless her new deal is much improved I think hard Brexit could be the lesser of two evils, and I say that as a remainer.

I've had a lot of sympathy for her position but now worried she might be acting in bad faith or even more incompetent than I thought.

And still no leadership challenge. I'm sure they'll all come out of the woodwork in early April explaining how they'd have done it better.

Her and the Tory party have been a joke from day one.
    We have the two most powerful politicians May and Hammond both staunch remainers running the show.
    Only politicians that believe in brexit should have been involved in all of the negotiations They have had two years to get us the best deal and to be ready in case of a no deal.
    Instead they have played into the hands of the EU and only now have started to prepare for a no deal. She and her party have been a disaster, and have come up with a rubbish deal that no one wants.
    The Labour party changes their mind from week to week and politicians who voted overwhelmingly for the referendum are now back tracking, what a complete bunch of tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Absolutely fantastic example how to revive a thread & a true lesson for any anglers out there, impressive sid.

Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast