+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Most likely? Without a GE, a new tory leader takes us out with the so-called 'managed' no deal
    What is a 'managed' no deal?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    The next great con trick to be played on the perennially gullible

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    What probably happens next is that all other options will be voted down so they can put it back to the people to have a second vote.
    Something they have worked towards from the start.
    The interesting thing would be what would the politicians do if the result of a second vote had the same outcome has the first.

Keep having more and more referendums until the undemocratic traitors try and get the result THEY want.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think 9/1 is very good value.
    I only see the 2 absolute extremes of the tory party as her problem. A lot of the 117 who voted to boot her out will fall into line, I can imagine the DUP folding too. She'll get some labour traitors too. Many brexiteers will fold and remainers like Clarke and Morgan have already said they'll vote for her brexit. But if only 20 ERG hold out, plus 10 remainers, she's probably lost it.

As someone who wants to stay in the EU, I'm glad there are some tories not satisfied with the deal who think it's worth the risk to try to get a second and bigger mandate to leave, even without a deal. They risk having no brexit at all. Great, let them put all their chips in and roll the dice. They have a chance and it'd be a fairer, more democratic route than May and Gove's sly, blind brexit based on a bent vote in 2016. Johnson should fancy his chances against Corbyn in a GE in 2019. So, I won't be having any of that 9/1. May will fall this month and it's a GE or 2nd ref before much of this year has passed
    I like that scenario. Corbyn’s reticence to get behind a 2nd referendum is going to cost him dear. He’s got a job for life, you only see his supporters on social media to know they love him with a blind, religious fervour. Much like Brexiters.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    What probably happens next is that all other options will be voted down so they can put it back to the people to have a second vote.
    Something they have worked towards from the start.
    The interesting thing would be what would the politicians do if the result of a second vote had the same outcome has the first.
    The result wont be the same has the first because they wont give the same options to vote for. They will give 2 options.
    1. May's deal.
    2. Stay in the EU.

There wont be an option to leave.

It's similar to a 'meaningful vote'.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    The result wont be the same has the first because they wont give the same options to vote for. They will give 2 options.
    1. May's deal.
    2. Stay in the EU.

There wont be an option to leave.
    So if we voted for 1 we remain?

I can't see a way out of this without massive fall-out. I wanted to remain but now just want us out on 29 March ... how that would look though I have no idea!

I can't see a way out of this without massive fall-out. I wanted to remain but now just want us out on 29 March ... how that would look though I have no idea!
    Remain with conditions to try our best to come to a deal. And can only leave without coming to a deal with EU's permission.

Is this a wind-up?

Of course '1' is remain, Jesus wept.
    Not only that, it's worse than what we had before!

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Of course '1' is remain, Jesus wept.
    Not only that, it's worse than what we had before!
    It's the deal you would expect from a Prime Minister whose heart isn't really in leaving, because she was a previously declared remainer. The Conservative Party's biggest mistake was putting someone like May in charge. The previous Leader had just resigned because he didn't believe in leaving, and so it should have been obvious that this was a job for a staunch Brexiteer who would have had us out well before now, with or without a deal, and wasting far less money on extra Civil Service (ahem!) "negotiators" in the process.

Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast