+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    And the leave voters were told they were white uneducated thick racists who didn't know what they were voting for. The remainers weren't all little Innocents when it came to insults.
    Never said they were did I?

Just pointing out that the 'remoaner' comments continue even now - no-one is allowed to make any comments without it.

The Leave viewpoint on here has always been 'You lost - deal with it' and 'if remain had won we wouldn't have whinged about it but would have just accepted it'. As I said - that's not what Farage said, but everyone has conveniently overlooked that.

It wasn't just the leavers who couldn't know what they were voting for in detail, or what it would entail, it was everyone.

Farage doesn't speak for everyone, and the remain viewpoint on here has been you must be thick if you voted leave.

Quote Originally Posted by HaylePie View Post
    Wow you are feisty! But wrong re my conclusion. I made the point that I was surprised at the level of detailed knowledge of many Remainers when making such a long-term decision. I didn't say and don't believe that that knowledge was inferior to Leavers. I don't do fights, I research, vote accordingly and respect others' views. You, however, moved quickly to your standard portrayal of Leavers, as you have done repeatedly, recently with your 'chat' with driller earlier in the thread where you reduce any valid points made to 'its all about bendy bananas' and 'wot you got from the DM'; Leavers are all thickos. Sadly, as MMania says, it cuts both ways.

As for my 'nonsense' re Fr/Ger - for a man who hadn't read about the Stability and Growth Pact or followed its history, that's a big call. But, hey, I'm always happy to be proved wrong so any pointers to reference material are appreciated.

Clearly both sides needed to educate themselves. One of the failures of the Remain side was in not explaining the benefits of the EU, the approach of 'if you know whats good for you' backfired. Junker & co avoided getting involved so as not to muddy the waters and fuel Farage & co's argument. Junker has admitted he thought Cameron could do a half decent job - in hindsight the EU should have got more involved for Remain.

You might get your wish re Labour and, of course McDonnell can ignore the rules if he chooses (lets face it, he's looking to borrow for a long-term return so a rule covering each FY its a bit pants anyway), my point is that he won't get sanction to break the rules - if we do, everyone can and the EU won't progress with maverick nations - see Italy 2018!
    Many of the passionate leavers on here clearly have got their views from the Mail an the Express and the Sun they use exactly the same phrases and platitudes. I agree that the Remain side ran a terrible campaign, but if you’re asserting that the almost daily barrage of myths about the EU from right wing newspapers didn’t have a massive effect on the referendum result than i disagree. To equate that with mine in particular and Remain voters in general lack of detailed knowledge of the Stability and Growth Pact is imo ridiculous.

It was you who originally said that France and Germany break the rules with impunity, it’s not up to me to provide the evidence to the contrary.

You clearly have a good deal of knowledge on this subject, if you can use that knowledge to tell me why we’re better off under no deal or May’s deal, than I’m happy to read it. No one else has.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You clearly have a good deal of knowledge on this subject, if you can use that knowledge to tell me why we’re better off under no deal or May’s deal, than I’m happy to read it. No one else has.
    Maybe because neither of those scenarios are what most Leavers voted for? The whole thing has been an absolute shambles from start to finish. Doesn't matter which way you voted or the side of politics you tend to sway towards absolutely no one will come out of this with any credibility whatsoever, on either side of the battle lines.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Many of the passionate leavers on here clearly have got their views from the Mail an the Express and the Sun they use exactly the same phrases and platitudes. I agree that the Remain side ran a terrible campaign, but if you’re asserting that the almost daily barrage of myths about the EU from right wing newspapers didn’t have a massive effect on the referendum result than i disagree. To equate that with mine in particular and Remain voters in general lack of detailed knowledge of the Stability and Growth Pact is imo ridiculous.

It was you who originally said that France and Germany break the rules with impunity, it’s not up to me to provide the evidence to the contrary.

Two faced tw@t

Words of wisdom and truth from the one and only Pat Condell

https://www.facebook.com/EnoughIsEno...oSQ&__tn__=K-R

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Two faced tw@t

There is a difference between a second referendum and a vote on whether we should accept the terms agreed (as long as one of the options is not 'Remain in the EU')

Yes, a queer threesome indeed.

There could be unstoppable demand for a re-run of the EU referendum if Remain wins by a narrow margin on 23 June, UKIP leader Nigel Farage has said. Quote BBC News 17 May 2016.
    If Leave is such an overwhelmingly good option what is the concern here - surely 80% will vote for it won't they ? They can't possibly have changed their minds based on the new evidence, can they ? It isn't possible there was an illegal Leave.EU campaign and many lies told first time round that have now been exposed. Can it ??

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    There could be unstoppable demand for a re-run of the EU referendum if Remain wins by a narrow margin on 23 June, UKIP leader Nigel Farage has said. Quote BBC News 17 May 2016.
    If Leave is such an overwhelmingly good option what is the concern here - surely 80% will vote for it won't they ? They can't possibly have changed their minds based on the new evidence, can they ? It isn't possible there was an illegal Leave.EU campaign and many lies told first time round that have now been exposed. Can it ??
    Any reason you voted remain Frenchy? Just asking.

Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast