+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Surely the whole point of the referendum was to decide whether we stayed in the EU or got out. Since the vote was out that should be it no 39 billion no deal. Most who voted out can see it's only matter of time before the whole thing collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Surely the whole point of the referendum was to decide whether we stayed in the EU or got out. Since the vote was out that should be it no 39 billion no deal. Most who voted out can see it's only matter of time before the whole thing collapses.
    Would that be The World you are talking about, Gozzie?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    As we can see from this thread, both Brexiters and the people who voted for it will never admit they were wrong. It’ll always be the fault of Remainers, or Mark Carney, or Corbyn, or the BBC(!) or the EU, or the courts or the “Establishment”.

It’ll never be the fault of Davis who ran away, or Johnson who ran away, or Farage who ran away or Raab who ran away or Banks who was in regular contact with the Russian govt and then lied about it or Rees Mogg who can’t count. Or any other clown who promised the earth without a clue on how to deliver it.
    Great post, Plumptious. My thoughts exactement.

Looking at the turmoil in France and Germany, the two main players in the EU, I still can't believe it can last much longer. Macron and Merkel seem determined to push Europe to the extreme right.

Looking at the turmoil in France and Germany, the two main players in the EU, I still can't believe it can last much longer. Macron and Merkel seem determined to push Europe to the extreme right.
    I don't think it will fall apart but it might well change in nature after the European elections next year.

I’ve read this a read this a fair bit today, and I don’t get the link, particularly in regards to France.

We had riots here all over the country in 2011, and I can’t remember one single person blaming the EU, or saying it was a sign it was about to collapse.

As we can see from this thread, both Brexiters and the people who voted for it will never admit they were wrong. It’ll always be the fault of Remainers, or Mark Carney, or Corbyn, or the BBC(!) or the EU, or the courts or the “Establishment”.

It’ll never be the fault of Davis who ran away, or Johnson who ran away, or Farage who ran away or Raab who ran away or Banks who was in regular contact with the Russian govt and then lied about it or Rees Mogg who can’t count. Or any other clown who promised the earth without a clue on how to deliver it.
    Yes true, it’s just people who voted for Brexit that are at fault.

Successive UK governments have generously flogged off our utilities so that foreign investors, including other governments, can make money out of them. On that basis I’m not at all sure why Corbyn or anyone else would think the EU would stop the government from re nationalising anything.
    I assume this a joke? Maybe a test?

Labour needs a lot of cash for their re-nationalisation programme. They plan to borrow to fund that programme. That borrowing will breach the EU's restrictions on borrowing. We can't break those rules (since we aren't France or Germany) without serious financial penalties. But then you did know all this ..... right? (The word 'control' springs to mind).

On a high note though, as the planet tumbles toward oblivion the EU have continued their ***** discussions on whether the clocks should go forward & back twice a year; clearly something so ***** it cannot be left to member states.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Brexit was handed to the wrong negotiators from day one.
    Those involved had only themselves and their private beliefs at heart.
    Labour don't give a monkeys, it's just a tool to force another election to get try and get Corbyn in number 10.
    Agreed in part, but the Labour position is more complex than that. Of course Labour would like another election, the last one didn't produce a majority and May bribed the now hostile DUP into propping her government up. But Corbyn fundamentally dislikes the EU and would happily take a hard Brexit, although that's not PC in his party which is London centric and full of wishy washy centrists. 'Sir' Keir Starmer, who appears to be only Labour in name, is his Brexit minister and has slowly manipulated the position round to backing a second referendum, which he hopes will result in a remain vote. Blair is of the same view.

Then the Labour MPs have ump**** shades of grey in between, depending on what their constituents voted. As I said, mine voted Labour and Leave, so I expect Coaker to represent our position. He is nothing if not loyal, whatever he privately believes.

This could still go any way, but France and Germany are starting to have trouble controlling their own voters, never mind us. Maybe the entire EU is on the verge of collapse.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

David Davies didn't 'run away', he was stitched up by May and Oily Robbins.

Robbins and some of Davies's own staff were secretly working on Chequers behind his back whilst he himself was working on a much better deal (for us anyway)

There's an interview with Andrew Bridgen on YouTube where he exposes the underhand, lying, duplicitous creatures that are May and Robbins.

Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast