+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    "zombies with pencils"

Is that another definition of lumpen proletariat? It seems to incorporate the same kind of sneer.
    Ah you’ve reached M for Marx in your quotes book. Well done. I’d say the best term for voting in lobby fodder year in year out because of the colour of their rosette is stupidity, and this self inflicted crisis is an illustration of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Agree, the UK is a laughing stock, and in many ways the public get the politicians they deserve. My own MP has had his job for over 30 years and there’s naff all evidence he’s done a damn thing with it. But he’ll be duly voted in again next time by zombies with pencils. Politicians on all sides are claiming to be acting in the national interest when it’s obvious they’re doing anything but.

It looks like May is going to try to run the clock down on her pathetic deal until there’ll be no choice but to take it.
    Did you yesterday fatboy? Unless I missed it I haven't seen anything from you about the match. I genuinely enjoy your input ( and tend to agree ) on football matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    "What have the French events to do with the EU ?"

Everything !
    They are a microcosm of the " little mans " perception of the indifference of the state , and in turn the arrogance of supra national institutions like the EU
    So are you pushing for the UK to withdraw from NATO, UN, Interpol or WTO in a few months ? My experience is that the gilets jaunes protests have nothing to do with the EU. It's pure domestic frustration. When French and Germans stand side-by-side at our annual village Nov 11th commemoration you can see what the EU means to them. You just don't get the same sort of 'Engerlund' nationalist attitude here. That's where the arrogance lies.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Conflate! Conflate! Conflate!
    So many posters on here conflate issues to the point that you don't know where one begins and another one ends.
    I agree with Tricky 100% about people being sick of watching the rich get richer while they make do with even less of 'the pie'. I agree with Tricky that anything endorsed by Bliar becomes tainted. I agree with Tricky that Corbyn is not an effective or genuine leader of the Labour Party.
    But then to lay so many of these troubles on the EU's doorstep?
    You wanna be careful agreeing with Tricky sid, the deselection committee might have to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    You really do talk some absolute drivel. What have the French events to do with the EU ? Everyone I speak to here are aghast at what UK is doing apart from the usual far-right and far-left nutters.
    Macron was elected as the new hope but mainly because the punters believed the spin (sound familiar ?). When his initial salvo of policies proved favourable to the rich with no bones thrown to the poorer voters things started to drift. Sat in his palace he lost touch with the mood and as they do, the French have given him a kicking. In a few weeks things will go back to how they were.
    It's about time the sensible Brits got out on the streets and started telling your useless bunch of no-hopers what is expected from them. All your politicians are an absolute disgrace. When they talk about measures to alleviate the damage caused by a self-inflicted event as if recovering from a war the rest of the world looks on in disbelief.
    Leaving the EU won't solve any problems. It will just put UK in the hands of a different bunch of chancers. At least in the EU you are in a club of chancers who can throw their weight around in the world.
    Ofcoarse everyone you speak to over there is aghast at what we are doing,they are scared ****less that France and Germany will be left alone to prop the other 27 up. The last thing they want is the UK to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    Ofcoarse everyone you speak to over there is aghast at what we are doing,they are scared ****less that France and Germany will be left alone to prop the other 27 up. The last thing they want is the UK to leave.
    And there in one post is the arrogance of the English. Other European countries are all for solidarity and working together. They are very sad that UK doesn't want to be part of that but it will just be an inconvenience when UK goes. Everything will carry on. Europe would be stronger together but 27 will still be stronger than 1.

And there in one post is the arrogance of the English. Other European countries are all for solidarity and working together. They are very sad that UK doesn't want to be part of that but it will just be an inconvenience when UK goes. Everything will carry on. Europe would be stronger together but 27 will still be stronger than 1.
    That's strange, the news I hear is that there is disruption in France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Holland, Sweden amongst others while Poland, Italy, Hungary etc are all standing against EU policies and threats. Strange how different people see things isn't it.

I spent a lot of time working in France , " the arrogance of the English". Bit rich.
    Last edited by navypie; 16-12-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I agree with Tricky 100% about people being sick of watching the rich get richer while they make do with even less of 'the pie'.
    I also agree, but I have to laugh my tits off that he sees Farage as a solution to the problem!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I also agree, but I have to laugh my tits off that he sees Farage as a solution to the problem!!!!
    Do you see anyone as a solution to the problem?

Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast