+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by 2piesonmyshirt View Post
    17+ million voted out
    16+ million voted stay on
    13+ million didn’t bother to vote
    Whether you are for out or in - what would the result had been if those 13million had voted?

The whole thing is a farce because the whole thing wasn’t explained in the first place.

So realistically, whether you are an out or in, the only practical decision is to vote again, when full details are revealed, on “is this really what you want?”
    With that theory every general election would be re run over and over again because millions of people can't be @rsed to vote.
    Obviously the 13 million weren't bothered about staying in the EU otherwise they would have made the effort

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    And if the vote was not in university term time how many students would be bothered to turn out without the bullying and rallying cry from the hard core.
    News just in.

Thanks to Arlene Foster the Government will now have to publish the legal advice on the Withdrawal Agreement in full.

Bad day for Brexit fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    News just in.

Thanks to Arlene Foster the Government will now have to publish the legal advice on the Withdrawal Agreement in full.
    And so they should. Well done Arlene Foster.
    As for BFP and a bad day for Brexit fans, well the whole sorry mess is going to be a bad day (and possibly a turning point) for UK politics. Regardless of who was told what and what the result was, we have diminished ourselves and our democratic/political process.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    As for BFP and a bad day for Brexit fans, well the whole sorry mess is going to be a bad day (and possibly a turning point) for UK politics. Regardless of who was told what and what the result was, we have diminished ourselves and our democratic/political process.
    Yup, if we end up with no BREXIT what would be the point of voting for anything again in the future if it doesn't mean anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yup, if we end up with no BREXIT what would be the point of voting for anything again in the future if it doesn't mean anything?
    ^^^

This

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Indeed Smiffy.
    I've long been resigned to the fact that the vote would be ignored -from the look on Dimbelby's face as it became clear that Leave had won, through the Tantrum that has followed to Treason becoming PM.
    I will play my very small part in the destruction of the Tory Party and I hope 17 million will join in.
    Let's see how the Remoaners like Corbyn and Abbott running the country. LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Indeed Smiffy.
    I've long been resigned to the fact that the vote would be ignored -from the look on Dimbelby's face as it became clear that Leave had won, through the Tantrum that has followed to Treason becoming PM.
    I will play my very small part in the destruction of the Tory Party and I hope 17 million will join in.
    Let's see how the Remoaners like Corbyn and Abbott running the country. LMFAO
    In what sense is Corbyn a Remoaner, you Red ****? He was asking to leave the EU in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    If a really terrible government had been elected in 2016, voted in based on lies and undeliverable promises, and it had taken 2 and a half years for time and events to show they were terrible, would you be asking what’s the point in voting again if they were in the process of at last getting kicked out?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If a really terrible government had been elected in 2016, voted in based on lies and undeliverable promises, and it had taken 2 and a half years for time and events to show they were terrible, would you be asking what’s the point in voting again if they were in the process of at last getting kicked out?
    If you believe they were terrible (as I do), the best bet is to put you're pro-EU stance to one side and accept that Labour has Leave voters who have a right to be heard, so any solution has to take account of all views. To deny Brexit would be both wrong and politically suicidal. Oh, and **** off Dam617.

Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast