+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The Establishment wanted first time round?
    Umm, I consider Rees Mogg, Johnson, Cash and many other doyens of the Tory Party to be Establishment and they certainly wanted OUT or LEAVE so you need to redefine your terms, pal.
    Really they are not the Establishment, those people are on the fringes. The Establishment are represented in Parliament by the likes of Philip Hammond, who represents big business interests at all times. The BBC is also the Establishment, as are Labour Party Blairites - it's no coincidence that Blair was considered acceptable by those really in charge of the country.

It's the same in France, Macron, who is like Robin Hood in reverse, stealing from the poor to give to the rich, is part of the Establishment, but it suits Establishment news agencies like the BBC and the Guardian to paint him as some kind of modern alternative who offers new hope, and not the globalist banker he really is. The French people, left and right, can see though this manufactured image and now want rid of him. Unfortunately, neither Le Pen or Melenchon will ever get enough votes to elect a radical alternative.

Melenchon leads France Unbowed, by the way, a party Sid would write off as 'Populist'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_France_Insoumise
    Last edited by Bohinen; 03-12-2018 at 10:12 AM.

... look up the background info for liar May if you want to see 'Establishment' ...

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Morning Tricky, how is the EU interfering in Ukraine?
    From 2014
    You work it out.

Think Putin is scared of an EU army?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...n-Ukraine.html

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    From 2014
    You work it out.

Think Putin is scared of an EU army?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...n-Ukraine.html
    Don't let me work it out, tell me!

Of course the BBC remains totally impartial lol

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ited-1-5673523

Yep fat boy, your hero has brought us to the end game.

https://www.watch-latest-news.com/ca...brexit-plan-b/
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 03-12-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Don't let me work it out, tell me!
    I don't need to. You know the answer. But game playing is for kids.

These dicks have been messing around on purpose. Should of just threatend the EU no money if you **** us about.
    May useless can't negotiate with a women that looks like Worzel Gummidge.
    Tories hoping for another vote. What happens if same result comes out? Do we keep voting till they get the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I don't need to. You know the answer. But game playing is for kids.
    I am guessing you don't want to say it because you've realised that it's absurd to say that the EU opening expansion talks with Ukraine is evidence that the EU is A Bad Thing while the fact that NATO is also looking to expand there doesn't change the fact that NATO is great. They're both doing exactly the same thing.

I wouldn't personally expand the EU just because I think it has already expanded too much recently, not because I'm afraid of 'prodding the Russian bear' or however else you like to romanticise Putin's aggression.

I would also point out that Ukraine (for the time being at least) is an independent country and therefore can talk to whoever it likes about whatever it likes.

My point was that you cannot use blanket terms on this one because you'll find many holes in your blanket.
    'Fleet Street' is also the Establishment and they banged the drum for Leave, but not quite all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    My point was that you cannot use blanket terms on this one because you'll find many holes in your blanket.
    'Fleet Street' is also the Establishment and they banged the drum for Leave, but not quite all of them.
    Says Sid the voice of the establishment

Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast