+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Is Brexit a dead duck?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Corbyn will never get into No10 he just doesn't have the voters to get him there luckily. It'll be a hung parliament and Labour will have jump into bed with the SNP who will demand either Labour remain in the EU or they get another independence vote. Unfortunately at the moment we have 5 unelectable parties, well 2 really.
    That's probably all true, but Corbyn should not have held a no confidence vote at this stage, from a tactical viewpoint. The opposition has been good enough, given that the government is unable to force through unpopular legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    They are elected to make decisions but they are also elected to represent their constituents
    Yes, to represent their constituents in the best possible way as they see it.

None of them were elected on a no-deal Brexit manifesto at the last general election by the way, so this is an unwinnable argument from your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    There’s a great thread on Twitter about how Brexit is as if 52% of the population have asked someone to build them a cheese submarine. Theresa May got her job because, despite previously claiming otherwise, she could actually be the one to build the cheese submarine.

Corbyn’s position always has and continues to be that he would definitely be better at building a cheese submarine than May. Only now, he’s got a bit over 3 months to do it rather than 2 years. I’m struggling to share your opinion of him that he’s some kind of strategic genius. His “strategy” has largely been governed by the fact that he wants Brexit, but the vast majority of his party doesn’t.
    If Corbyn had his way, a cheese submarine would be all that's left to defend these island, the Falklanders would be learning Spanish and the Irish back stop wouldn't matter as he wants a united Ireland.

Smashing.

I think a united Ireland is only a matter of time - maybe two centuries maybe two years but it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I think a united Ireland is only a matter of time - maybe two centuries maybe two years but it will happen.
    That's down to the Northern Irish though.
    Not some scruffy plastic working class gadgy, who sidles up to scum with his opinions.
    If the Northern Irish want to rejoin Eire, then its up to them.

As it stands, they do not and despise Corbyn and Donald duck. definitely not in my life time.

Not some scruffy plastic working class gadgy, who sidles up to scum with his opinions.

I think you're being a tad harsh on Tommy Robinson there, Tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post

I think you're being a tad harsh on Tommy Robinson there, Tricky.
    I said "plastic" Sid.
    He pretends to come from a poor background and his family were grass roots. But it isn't true is it?

Driller, you're way behind the curve. The pros and cons of Brexit were for 2016 when by 6 to 1 those representative MPs devolved responsibility for our future to us, then overwhelmingly made the result law.
    On this subject they aren't elected to do what they think is for the best, they gave that privilege up 30 months ago.
    They have stood on clear manifestos and been clearly mandated by us , ( the majority) to get us out of the institutions of the EU.

If you don't think the establishment is trying it's very best to wriggle out of their legal and moral obligation your powers of objective reason have been seriously impaired.
    They were not mandated to get a deal, they were mandated to get us out.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yes, to represent their constituents in the best possible way as they see it.

None of them were elected on a no-deal Brexit manifesto at the last general election by the way, so this is an unwinnable argument from your point of view.
    It is not an argument it is what I would expect from my MP. How many were elected on reversing a democratic vote?

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Driller, you're way behind the curve. The pros and cons of Brexit were for 2016 when by 6 to 1 those representative MPs devolved responsibility for our future to us, then overwhelmingly made the result law.
    On this subject they aren't elected to do what they think is for the best, they gave that privilege up 30 months ago.
    They have stood on clear manifestos and been clearly mandated by us , ( the majority) to get us out of the institutions of the EU.

If you don't think the establishment is trying it's very best to wriggle out of their legal and moral obligation your powers of objective reason have been seriously impaired.
    They were not mandated to get a deal, they were mandated to get us out.
    I don't know what you're referring to when you talk about the pros and cons of Brexit.

The question now is how the exit should be structured and what our future relationship with the EU should look like. That is clearly the MPs' job to debate and vote as they see fit.

"They were not mandated to get us a deal, they were mandated to get us out" makes no sense and is also objectively wrong. Keep on believing it if you want but you will be disappointed.

Page 22 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast