+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V Baggies

I said Hand of Rod as soon asi realized who scored. FairPlay to him for not celebrating. Tammy missed 3 sitters and 2 good chances. He gets one of those and we dominate them.

Ref was absolutely poor. McGinn was hauled down by Barry in the box. Same foul by Taylor just before HT andhe awards it.

Dont dispare guys, we made them look ordinary and prevented them from going 3 more points ahead.
    Another undefeated match against one of the favs on their own patch. Tonight the bogrolls are celebrating drawing!!!
    Still on target for top 6 by Jan 1st.

I agree Dave. It's not time to despair I just feel a bit disappointed like the 5-5 game. We're looking good though and I'm sure we will close the gap before to long.

Most players "cheat" in some form or another.....get over it.

Grealish is one of the worst on the planet for falling over an imaginary leg and even Gary Thompson ( a hero of mine from his Albion days ) and himself a big Villa fan and former fans favourite at your place said he'd have done exactly the same as did Bomber Brown.

For what it's worth i thought you looked a very useful side and i expect you to get automatic promotion,Dean Smith is a wonderful pick as manager.

Seriously though boys,to use the "disgusted of Digbeth" and "astonished of Aston" type responses is a bit rich.....we all know we'd take the same type of equaliser or winner in the same circumstances in professional sport,it's dissingenuous to say other.

As an aside...the Sunday side i once managed equalised in the last minute of a cup semi final with a diving header which actually included a hand from our centre forward which i clearly noticed as did the opposition players and bench but not the referee and the goal stood.

In the resulting penalty shootout i instructed our first three takers to pass the ball to their keeper and i informed their manager that our keeper would stand still for their penalties.

We duly lost the semi and my players were furious with me but at the next Kidderminster Sunday League meeting our actions were highlighted and every secretary from every other club applauded our actions.

Nearly 20 years later my old team mates are stiill p i ss ed with me but i still stand by what i did.

In proffessional sport it's just not a likely scenario.

Well played tonight anyway,i think you have a lot to look forward to.......us less so.

Mick. I don’t think the lad cheated. He looked like a guy that expected the ref to call it back and didn’t celebrate. I am not unhappy with the result. We had some ridiculously difficult games and still do and are so far unbeaten in all of them. Another day we win that game easily after that performance which wasn’t even close to our last few ( all credit to Darren Moore for that).

Speaking of Grealish. Props to Albion for not taking every opportunity to have a pop at our players. There was some fouls by each side, but it never degraded into one of those derby games.

Ok these things happen in football ... we know it's wrong , but we would take it ourselves .... we took the game to them and won a moral victory.... main thing is we win our two home games so that we are in the top 6 for Christmas day

Oh and Mick ..... The reason Jack falls over is because he is targeted every game ... he is a rarity these days being that he limes to keep hold of the ball and show his skill by beating players ... If you stop kicking him he will stop falling over !

I don't think Rod????? is a cheat at all, is he to blame for the incompetence of the officials?
    Kodjia should take a good long look at his part in the build up.
    Nyland is absolutely shocking, the weakest keeper in my memory.
    Tammy misses too many chances in every game (but I’d rather have him than not).
    I think that the Ref and the clearly sighted lino are… well, you can probably guess.

As for them lot celebrating the last minute draw against their biggest rivals, well, what would you do? They know that we’ll be p1ssed off, and boy do they like to see that, more than their own happiness in some of their cases. The morals of celebrating the manner of the late equaliser is, again, not for us to judge. They are what they are (I feel a song coming on, but I will resist).

No, we can only look to Kodjia, Nyland, Tammy and the officials. Between them they handed (no pun intended) wba the draw, not that Rod chap.

Disappointing night.

Albion fan in peace! Regarding our late equaliser, yes I'm sure that all Albion fans would have reacted in the same way had it been at the other end. However, the rule clearly states that the hand has to strike the ball and not the ball strike the hand. When I saw the replay on TV l thought that it was the correct decision because as Rodrigues fell to the ground the ball hit his hand and therefore it wasn't a deliberate action. There was an incident earlier in the game when the ball definately struck Chester's hand but the ref. correctly didn't award a penalty because the ball struck the hand. I understand your frustration but I hope that you understand where I'm coming from.

LB,
    The ref consulted his lino and awarded the goal. No ifs, buts, ball to hand, hand to ball, rules this, rules that, luck, deserving, sh1te officials, cheating or brilliant skill, NO GOAL, end of.
    We as fans love to debate the unwinnable debate, take the p1ss, that’s what we do, that’s why we love the game so much.

Annoying? Yes, totally enthralling and addictive? OH YES!!!

…Cheating b@stards

No, the guy is not a cheat, it was ball to hand and it does show how far weve come in a short while under Smith that we are dissapointed not to win and a draw feels like a defeat. Im sure weve made the albion fans think of twice about us now. Had Tammy not forgot his bootd it would not be a talking point.
    I would have settled for a draw before the game so all in all a good result but a better result for the teams around us.
    28 games to go........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)