+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scots refs

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    John McKendrick on BBC Reporting Scotland was complaining that the standard of refereeing has not changed in the last 14 years in which he has been involved. That means that refereeing has been shocking for the last 14 years.
    Hugh Dallas now depute of refereees at UEFA was interviewed but he made no comment about his useless son Andrew who along with Willie Collum are the main culprits when it comes to incompetent refereeing in Scottish professional football matches.
    Islay if you can have a listen to this evening's sportsound on radio Scotland.

Refs supervisor was on and really it was just pathetic excuses.

A pity it turned into a bit of a pantomime but it's worth a listen.

Think he was on for the last half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Heard some of that. Gave up because the guy was defending the indefensible. Our refs are rubbish because they are actually in the driving seat. They don't get paid much, aren't full time, bit like volunteers and if you don't like the way they do the job who is going to sack them and get someone good in?

People are getting increasingly annoyed by the incompetence at best, blatant bias at worst, of our referees. Having their decisions regularly laughed at every week is making it a cheats charter now in football. The ruling body has got to bring in VAR, it is going to happen and will be a stipulation shortly from Uefa/Fifa, so we may as well bite the bullet and get it done for all the clubs in the SPFL. Should be paid for out of the money from the TV companies because they are the current source of all the howlers we see each week.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Heard some of that. Gave up because the guy was defending the indefensible. Our refs are rubbish because they are actually in the driving seat. They don't get paid much, aren't full time, bit like volunteers and if you don't like the way they do the job who is going to sack them and get someone good in?

People are getting increasingly annoyed by the incompetence at best, blatant bias at worst, of our referees. Having their decisions regularly laughed at every week is making it a cheats charter now in football. The ruling body has got to bring in VAR, it is going to happen and will be a stipulation shortly from Uefa/Fifa, so we may as well bite the bullet and get it done for all the clubs in the SPFL. Should be paid for out of the money from the TV companies because they are the current source of all the howlers we see each week.
    Premier League referees in Scotland are well paid for two hours work per game. I recently read that they received £850 per game compared with £195 for refereeing games in the Championship.
    Steven McLean is employed by the SFA during the week and a couple of years ago I read that his job was to explain to players in each club the laws of the game.
    If Steven McLean and his fellow referees make deadfful refereeing decisions every week how are players going to be bothered listening to him.
    Unfortunately Steven McLean, Willie Collum and Andrew Dallas (thanks to his father) are all fireproof and no matter how many dreadful mistakes they make they will never be handed their P45.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Sorry I missed that. Things are obviously bad if the Referees supervisor is being grilled on the radio about the hopeless refereeing decisions this season.
    How Andrew Dallas managed to give St Johnstone a penalty when their player fell over in the Hearts penalty box is beyond me.
    Andrew Dallas should be banned from officiating at any further games this season as he is just a joke.
    If there was honesty in Scottish football the St Johnstone player who fell over should have told his teammate who took the penalty to miss it or take the penalty himself and deliberately miss it.
    However nowadays there is no honesty in Scottish football with players cheating to win games.

Premier League referees in Scotland are well paid for two hours work per game. I recently read that they received £850 per game compared with £195 for refereeing games in the Championship.
    Steven McLean is employed by the SFA during the week and a couple of years ago I read that his job was to explain to players in each club the laws of the game.
    If Steven McLean and his fellow referees make deadfful refereeing decisions every week how are players going to be bothered listening to him.
    Unfortunately Steven McLean, Willie Collum and Andrew Dallas (thanks to his father) are all fireproof and no matter how many dreadful mistakes they make they will never be handed their P45.
    The guest said VAR was too expensive but didn't know how much it wud cost. 🤨

His "explanation" of why the ref didn't consult the linesman at the st j game was quite astonishing.

Also refs brandish cards quickly to defuse the situation....ie if you make a **** decision quickly it's ok.😁

Refs aren't well played....I beg to differ...
    I wud love to be paid as much as they are for being so bad at something.

I'd love to know when the last ref packed it in because they weren't getting enuf cash....I'd suspect it's never happened.

But the best bit was from a lower level ref who e mailed the show to explain why he had packed it in. He claimed he was told by his supervisor that making the correct decisions was only the 3rd most important thing for a referee.

The studio supervisor said he found that hat hard to believe....I don't.

Sorry I missed that. Things are obviously bad if the Referees supervisor is being grilled on the radio about the hopeless refereeing decisions this season.
    How Andrew Dallas managed to give St Johnstone a penalty when their player fell over in the Hearts penalty box is beyond me.
    Andrew Dallas should be banned from officiating at any further games this season as he is just a joke.
    If there was honesty in Scottish football the St Johnstone player who fell over should have told his teammate who took the penalty to miss it or take the penalty himself and deliberately miss it.
    However nowadays there is no honesty in Scottish football with players cheating to win games.
    It was toe curling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)