+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scots refs

Scots refs

2 big high profile games today, another two dreadful performances.

Has the standard ever been lower?

These are supposedly our best but they get so many big calls wrong and continually get away with it.

To much guessing, and so inconsistent, seen sportscene tonight, how that ziggy boy never got a red was a joke, double standards from ref

Will only change when the managers speak out at every game and admit when their player got away with an offense etc. The whole ethos in football is to play the referee, or in any other sport the word would be to cheat. I think Dee fans are very long suffering and I imagine most referees love coming here because they can make any decisions they like and not have the slightest worry that it will affect their standing as a referee. We need the media to raise the problem and get it up the agenda at the SFA. TV referees to help decide crucial decisions would be a start and the money should come from the SPFL before any share out of TV money. All grounds should be covered in the SPFL and big TV screens used to display what the ref is looking at so that the spectators can see what happened too.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Will only change when the managers speak out at every game and admit when their player got away with an offense etc. The whole ethos in football is to play the referee, or in any other sport the word would be to cheat. I think Dee fans are very long suffering and I imagine most referees love coming here because they can make any decisions they like and not have the slightest worry that it will affect their standing as a referee. We need the media to raise the problem and get it up the agenda at the SFA. TV referees to help decide crucial decisions would be a start and the money should come from the SPFL before any share out of TV money. All grounds should be covered in the SPFL and big TV screens used to display what the ref is looking at so that the spectators can see what happened too.
    Cud you imagine if the old firm were behind at home, the last 10 mins wud take an hour to play they wud have the ref looking into everything from their players being breathed on heavily to the family trees of the linesman.

Hello ancestry UK, this is Bobby Madden at ibrox, can you help, quick enquiry for you.

I despair that Avrils quite legitimate gripes are down played as sour grapes from those in the media.

Michael Stewart "rangers were the better team anyway".....so ****ing what they still have to win legitimately.

The Celtic pen decision is also excused because "they missed".

The talk shud be, wasn't a pen, wasn't in the box, two officials missed the keeper being 3 yards off his line.

I don't know what the answer is.

Seen two refs one for each half (so it gives them less to do) suggested but surely that wud be impractical and maybe just end up twice as bad.

The other thing Levin said that was astounding was that the refs supervisor encouraged them to play offside on the 18 yard line as it was easier for the linesman.

Never understand why laser technology cudnt be used at free kicks to help ref with ten yards (instead of thon silly string) and linesman at free kicks. You wouldn't think that wud be expensive.

It's not just refs that are at fault, linesmen also.
    Every game every week foul throws.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    It's not just refs that are at fault, linesmen also.
    Every game every week foul throws.
    Agree with that but I wonder what % are told not to make decisions by the ref.

I know it used to be that refs told linesmen to do nothing without their say so but may have changed.

I can't even think of any decent refs we have coming thru.

They are so easily conned.

think that Hearts and hibs and aberdeen have very well respected managers who are not afraid to speak their mind. I'd be inclined to encourage JM to speak out about any refereeing decision that everyone and their dog can see is a mistake, or error. we won't get anywhere trying to prove bias etc but we should be able to argue that correct decisions are in the best interests of every team. Getting VAR must be the way to go, and getting a media campaign to pressurise the SPFL teams to use the top slice of their TV money to pay for all the SPFL grounds to be fitted with the system should be the way to go.

Even the teams in the lower leagues will benefit when they come to play on the SPFL grounds so it should actually be in the interests of all. If it stops diving and faking fouls it will eventually have a significant effect.

Also need to clear up the hand ball legislation, especially when in the penalty box. For me, if the ball hits any part of the arm that is extended out from the body, automatic foul unless there is a clear advantage in open play, but if it happens in the penalty box automatic penalty. It'll put up the number of penalty awards but should stop the inconsistencies that we see so often. VAR should be able to stop the game as soon as they spot something. Game clock can be stopped while a decision is made, and evidence should be played over the big screen TV's which will need to be fitted to make things transparent. Any player encroaching on the referee asked to step away. Indiscipline in this area could benefit the whole game where refs are hounded by players asking for fouls to be given and decisions to be given in their favour.
    Last edited by BCram; 04-12-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Refereeing matches when any of the ol the old firm are involved has always been a problem for refs, especially at Celtic park and Ibrox as they are intimidated by the home support.
    I remember a few years ago, a friend of mine, playing a premier game at Ibrox, against rangers. His side were beaten 2-0 and both goals were offside. This was proved by the cameras after the game.
    After the second goal, my friend ran to the offending stand - side linesman to protest, the linesman said two words to him,
    Phuck off !! , so much for the officials !
    I believe Bob Valentine used to book rangers players with a green pencil and Celtic players with a blue pencil !

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Refereeing matches when any of the ol the old firm are involved has always been a problem for refs, especially at Celtic park and Ibrox as they are intimidated by the home support.
    I remember a few years ago, a friend of mine, playing a premier game at Ibrox, against rangers. His side were beaten 2-0 and both goals were offside. This was proved by the cameras after the game.
    After the second goal, my friend ran to the offending stand - side linesman to protest, the linesman said two words to him,
    Phuck off !! , so much for the officials !
    I believe Bob Valentine used to book rangers players with a green pencil and Celtic players with a blue pencil !
    The authorities have to take this more seriously.

I think 4 spl managers have called out the refs impartiality (worse than incompetence imho) and Neil McCann and Canning came very close to doing so.

When you pay your gate money you shud at least be guaranteed a fair game.

All the authorities seem interested in as an old firm title race.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    The authorities have to take this more seriously.

I think 4 spl managers have called out the refs impartiality (worse than incompetence imho) and Neil McCann and Canning came very close to doing so.

When you pay your gate money you shud at least be guaranteed a fair game.

All the authorities seem interested in as an old firm title race.
    I fail to understand why Andrew Dallas is sill a referee let alone a supposedly top flight referee.
    Last night he awarded St Johnstone a penalty for nothing. The St Johnstone player fell over while trying to reach the ball yet Andrew ‘Useless’ Dallas gave a penalty. If I was the owner of Specsavers I would be cancelling my sponsorship of the Scottish referees with immediate effect as they are giving Specsavers a bad name. Stevie Wonder could have seen that it was not a penalty yet Dallas who must be 100% certain that it is a penalty gives it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)