+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Matty and Sean

Matty and Sean

The Longstaffs. Are they both CM's? Is Sean much better than Matty? What's the story with them?

I hope to see one or both of them with the first team along with Roberts and Sørensen soon.

Not really sure, Hughie.

I would imagine their time will be next season at the earliest. It's always that quandary in a relegation-threatened season-do you take a chance on upcoming talent in the hope that they might give you something extra that the established first-teamers can't...or do you risk shattering the confidence of an untested youngster and set them back in their development?

I hope some of these kids come good & play for our 1st team.
    Players seem to stagnate around Newcastle and go backwards. I heard our youth teams have to work at SD at weekends to earn new contracts.
    By the way a bit off topic when wise signed Ignacio González & the other fella on loan behind Keegans back. We were supposed to get first refusal on quality South American Players.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    We were supposed to get first refusal on quality South American Players.
    Nah, what it was, was Denis wise being too thick to understand...he got the translation wrong. We were first to be refused on quality South American players.

Wise set up a deal to get all of his new wigs from South America.

Sean is a few years older i believe and closer to first team than Matty.

Matty needs some loan time out rather than just reserve football is another thought i think.

Just imagine young kids trying to make it at Chelsea they have about 40 players out on loan some of them are quality as well. Chelsea sign players using the sports direct model buy boatloads of cheap stock in cheap and sell them on for peanuts if they fail. The ones good enough sell for millions. I see Chelsea also bought the three pack of the Hazard boys. Some of the Chelsea players have been out on loan for years. I used to ssign some of them on fm 2012 they were at Chelski then

I read an interesting article looking at the chelski method, apparently it means they don't have to worry about using Roman's billions, particularly now it looks like he's not quite as interested.

Also, clubs are going to be limited to only sending 8 players out on loan apparently. To stop clubs doing what Chelski are doing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)