+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shankland away in January . . .

This is the same Ayr team as last season - the same Ayr team which Arbroath beat twice and drew with as well.

Who cares if Shankland stays or goes.

What matters is that United focus on being ready for a title challenge and putting last week's result to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    What matters is that United focus on being ready for a title challenge and putting last week's result to bed.
    I totally agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    This is the same Ayr team as last season - the same Ayr team which Arbroath beat twice and drew with as well.

Who cares if Shankland stays or goes.

Are you serious? We aren't good enough to be blaze about whether one of our main rivals for the title loses the best striker in the league. Of course it would be hugely significant if Shankland goes.

Did you say last season This is the same Livingston team as last season - the same Livingston team which East Fife beat twice?

Whether Shankland stays or goes Ayr were miles better than us all over the park on Friday.
    Thought Livi would fall away last season won't make that mistake again.
    Fact is we need to get our act together, starting with Morton.

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    Are you serious? We aren't good enough to be blaze about whether one of our main rivals for the title loses the best striker in the league. Of course it would be hugely significant if Shankland goes.

Did you say last season This is the same Livingston team as last season - the same Livingston team which East Fife beat twice?
    Yes, I did say last season and yes, Arbroath beat the very same Ayr team twice last season - I know this as I attended these games and Arbroath were by far the better team.

I don't care less if Shankland stays or leaves Ayr - all that matters is that United focus on getting ready for a title challenge.

Let the other teams worry about United, rather than worrying about an Ayr player ( good luck to him ), but in the scheme of things, as a United fan, I am more interested in United's promotion drive for winning the league.

P.S I would not bet against Arbroath beating Ayr again if they were to play in a cup match.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Whether Shankland stays or goes Ayr were miles better than us all over the park on Friday.
    Thought Livi would fall away last season won't make that mistake again.
    Fact is we need to get our act together, starting with Morton.
    You make a good parallel SA, Ayr Utd with Livingstone.
    Having seen Ayr on Friday I see no reason why they can't win this league.
    Ok, Shankland or no Shankland but with or without him I saw 10 other players giving 100% & they were missing two or three regulars.
    We have handicapped ourselves with poor recruitment but we can only piss with the cock we've got and it's what WE do that will determine our status in the SPFL.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    You make a good parallel SA, Ayr Utd with Livingstone.
    Having seen Ayr on Friday I see no reason why they can't win this league.
    Ok, Shankland or no Shankland but with or without him I saw 10 other players giving 100% & they were missing two or three regulars.
    We have handicapped ourselves with poor recruitment but we can only piss with the cock we've got and it's what WE do that will determine our status in the SPFL.
    Agree mate
    We need to keep a mentality that it's down to us. We won't get any favours be it referees, transfers weakening other teams, injuries, other teams bottling it.
    Until we have a side with the energy, effort and team spirit similar to likes of Livi and Ayr we will be stuck in this league, and it's been long enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Agree mate
    We need to keep a mentality that it's down to us. We won't get any favours be it referees, transfers weakening other teams, injuries, other teams bottling it.
    Until we have a side with the energy, effort and team spirit similar to likes of Livi and Ayr we will be stuck in this league, and it's been long enough already.
    You're bang on Sutherland. Livi wanted it. And it looks like Ayr do too.

Btw did Hopkin ever get a job? Holt's doing great tho, they'll not go down. Jack Ross doing well too. Kearney maybe getting his feet under the desk at St Mirren & now with the experience of Jimmy Nichol to help him. Gonna be tight down there, good cover for Agent Mac90.

We need him gone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)