+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Sevco match thread etc

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Vegas the 6'7 tranny from Cowdenbeath?

Is that a breach of the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post

This won’t come as a surprise to anyone but I’m not a fan of that fud either

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    This won’t come as a surprise to anyone but I’m not a fan of that fud either
    Not sure if he is that much of a fud if he's supporting us and winding up the huns in their own backyard.
    Still we all have our own opinions.

What age is McInnes junior?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    What age is McInnes junior?
    4 1/2 years old, starts school after summer, I’m told, slow starter, just like May and Cosgrove!

One of his boys plays in a team that my mates laddie is in. He's supposed to be very, very good. He must be 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Not sure if he is that much of a fud if he's supporting us and winding up the huns in their own backyard.
    Still we all have our own opinions.
    Absolutely.
    Sounds like a Dandy through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    In the last couple of seasons we've dramatically improved against the OF. It's not that we've particularly changed our approach against them - we still sit in, go man for man, work hard and hope for a counter attack or goal from set piece. The difference is we're not letting them bully us anymore. Having guys like McKenna, Devlin, Ferguson in the team who are mentally strong has made a difference and perhaps rubbed off on others. Ferguson especially doesn't seem to care who he's up against, he believes he belongs on the same pitch as anyone. He's still learning but he could end up going for a similar fee to McKenna eventually. It doesn't mean we win every time we play the OF but the games have generally been a lot tighter and we have picked up wins that we wouldn't have 3-4 seasons ago when it could possibly be argued we had just as good a team in terms of quality.
    Honestly, our overall record against Celtic and Rangers under McInnes hasn't been that poor. There were some very poor performances last year aside from the win at Parkhead. But we've beaten Rangers three times in the league and once in the Cup since they came up and we've had some decent results against Celtic under McInnes. I wouldn't say the record is fantastic by any stretch but I'm sure it compares favourably with any other team in the league. We have struggled against Celtic since Rodgers came in but, as you say, we seem to be gradually learning how to play against them.

I think the main disappointment has been the number of games against them where we simply haven't been competitive. I remember the game at Pittodrie during Deila's first season when we lost 2-1 to a late goal from Van Dijk. It was a sore one because we deserved something from the match but fans will tolerate that kind of loss. What they won't tolerate is watching their team roll over lose without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Honestly, our overall record against Celtic and Rangers under McInnes hasn't been that poor. There were some very poor performances last year aside from the win at Parkhead. But we've beaten Rangers three times in the league and once in the Cup since they came up and we've had some decent results against Celtic under McInnes. I wouldn't say the record is fantastic by any stretch but I'm sure it compares favourably with any other team in the league. We have struggled against Celtic since Rodgers came in but, as you say, we seem to be gradually learning how to play against them.

I think the main disappointment has been the number of games against them where we simply haven't been competitive. I remember the game at Pittodrie during Deila's first season when we lost 2-1 to a late goal from Van Dijk. It was a sore one because we deserved something from the match but fans will tolerate that kind of loss. What they won't tolerate is watching their team roll over lose without a fight.
    I remember that game,they got a corner that clearly wasn’t a corner and scored from it in the last minute.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast