+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hughes out Sean Dyche In

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Hi Super!

But I would draw the line at Big Sam. The bloke is just a self serving greedy, cheating crook.
    Sam would be my choice, I don't think he'd take the job, but he's the first I'd ring up. As for being self serving, greedy and a cheat, if you've got a couple of hours free 59, I'll list all people that applies to who are involved in football. No I won't, I'll list those it doesn't apply to, that will be a lot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sam would be my choice, I don't think he'd take the job, but he's the first I'd ring up. As for being self serving, greedy and a cheat, if you've got a couple of hours free 59, I'll list all people that applies to who are involved in football. No I won't, I'll list those it doesn't apply to, that will be a lot quicker.
    You will still struggle with that one sinkov, have you got any names on your list?

I'll start the list.

Whatever you think of Sean Dyche and his staff, and our board, I don't think the term "self serving greedy, cheating crook" describes them.

Contrary to opinion, I believe that the majority of people in footy are decent, honorable types.

People like Big Sam are in a tiny minority.

I'll start the list.

Whatever you think of Sean Dyche and his staff, and our board, I don't think the term "self serving greedy, cheating crook" describes them.

Contrary to opinion, I believe that the majority of people in footy are decent, honorable types.

People like Big Sam are in a tiny minority.
    Stick with SD. He is the same manager who got us promoted twice and finished 7th last year with some great results. Also remembering that we did go 11 games without a win last year and still finished 7th.
    It's not the manager that needs changing it is the current attitude and confidence of the players who currently can't seem to string 3 passes (going forward) together. I am sure the board do not want the club to be relegated and the current position of the club will take away any complacency that they may have and release some money for transfers.
    Being in the relegation zone of the Premiership is still a higher position than most of us have seen the club in over the past 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Ha has, 59_60-- the question of Sepp Blatter would never come into the equation because he was never likely to become a manager --he made enough out of the game without reaching any heights at all.
    I would go and support the lads no matter who was manager, as long as they were giving their all during the game.
    You really have to accept that the game, as a whole, is corrupt and there is a lot going on that we will never know about, however, if you love the game,you will still try to support your club, even if you do not attend matches.
    All the moaning and groaning going on at the moment could mean that we lost around 8 to 9 thousand attendees --strange that this would put our average gate down to what it was when we were playing at level 3 in the football league, some twenty years ago.
    You might be surprised Supersub that I agree with the sentiments you express. Along with yourself I support the club/team playing at what ever time. However, you should also bear in mind that individuals only express there views or frustrations because they also have a passion for the club and want them to do the best that can be achieved irrespective of whether or not they can influence anything. It is a way of venting frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Stick with SD. He is the same manager who got us promoted twice and finished 7th last year with some great results. Also remembering that we did go 11 games without a win last year and still finished 7th.
    It's not the manager that needs changing it is the current attitude and confidence of the players who currently can't seem to string 3 passes (going forward) together. I am sure the board do not want the club to be relegated and the current position of the club will take away any complacency that they may have and release some money for transfers.
    Being in the relegation zone of the Premiership is still a higher position than most of us have seen the club in over the past 40 years.
    Great point Matelot couldn't agree with you more. However, the team is not playing well and SD probably needs to do some tinkering, We have a manager and a good one at that we need to stick with him no matter what the outcomes, stability is key to success. Maybe on Wednesday Tarks and Gibson might start this might change matters

I think we are all behind the team, I’m just not convinced of late that we are trying ( it’s bad to say I know ) but we are being served up proper dross I’m afraid.
    You can ask anyone about my opinions and I always say I can accept losing with a problem if we are in the game and look like we have it everything, sadly lately I think we don’t give it everything

For the very first time in my life I am falling out of love with the beautiful game.

VAR, cheating, diving, media overkill, honestly I'm seriously thinking of concentrating on the golf handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    For the very first time in my life I am falling out of love with the beautiful game.

VAR, cheating, diving, media overkill, honestly I'm seriously thinking of concentrating on the golf handicap.
    Told you before BT, non league is the way to go, it's not perfect, but the skullduggery is very minor compared to the top leagues, I can live with it anyway.

You say the same thing about politicians 59, and of course you're perfectly entitled to your opinion. For what it's worth (not much admittedly) I think your good nature and determination always to think the best of your fellow men sometimes tends towards naivety. Except in the case of Sam, who you have nailed down to a tee, but you think he's the only one ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)