+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup draw

Don't agree on early exit. If we are to stay up in EPL then we need to hit the pitch against Barnsley with best team and total attack mindset to get some form in that vein. No matter what team lineup starts they need to see if they can play to new strategy that hundreds have been baying for. The result is otherwise what it always is, and no one is the wiser about the team's potential fortunes. These are the 'questions that need to be asked'. I want to get absolutely hammering drunk on stats SD, stats that include shots at goal, on goal, possession percentages above 20, and corner kick numbers higher than 2. I've had a gutful of the excuses.

How many of you agree with the idea that any sort of good Cup run is a distraction from the more important League ?.
    Thats not always the case is it and a good promotion or successful relegation escape season can happen alongside a Cup run, as we've also found in the past.
    I don't believe for one minute that the ginger growler Dyche (if hes still there by then) will play a weaker team and not take the tie seriously.

We do NOT do cup runs!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We do NOT do cup runs!
    No ok, but you also don't normally get nice easy ties at home to teams like Burnsley do you ?.

Honestly Acido, come up for the game, I'll treat you to lunch and a few beers and off you will go to deepest Yarkshire in the hat for the 4th round draw. Brun Lea Wetherspoons around 12?

He will be too busy servicing the local sheep with his Velcro gloves and wellies on ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He will be too busy servicing the local sheep with his Velcro gloves and wellies on ..
    And buttons for flies as to not scare the sheep off

Poor old Acido,he was trying to ask a genuine question and got sheared off ..lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Poor old Acido,he was trying to ask a genuine question and got sheared off ..lol
    Don't make the mistake of thinking anybody on here can scare me off Alf... ohh no sir, not on your nelly. And how is she/Nelly these days by the way!!.

And Beds, thats a very tempting offer indeed matey, the 3 B's on FA Cup 3rd Round day eh. Thats Burnsley, beer, and birds, and I presume they are ALL free are they ?. All bought and paid for by yourself, and Alf, and Alto, and Turfy, and Whoooshy (wherever those two are hiding these days) lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 05-12-2018 at 05:46 PM.

12.30 KO to accommodate foreign TV channels..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)