+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rinse and repeat.....

It will be a crying shame if he sells up . He was just about to spend £80m in the January window as well... Proper gutted like.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    The only mugs who will fall for this is the 'Boo the 11 minute walk-in then cheer the perez substitution and leave with 13 minutes to go' type knacker of which there was a canny few.

If on the off chance the fat c'unt is selling,then well done all involved in getting this piece of sh1t out of our club!
    Short, sharp and direct to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    I know you like your ales .. Just been to Gdansk and got some cracking IPAs £2-3 a 500ml glass ..one bar had beer for 90p and shots the same price. 6.8% double ipa was £3.50 a pint ... And incredible .
    Well worth a visit .. Cost £100 for flights and hotel for 2 days (Friday Saturday )Cracking place.
    I used to dock in Gdansk loading coal for Brazil in communist times.
    Sometimes there was no beer to be had.One night in the Viking bar all they had was vodka,it was so strong the fumes went up my nose before I took a swig.We got extra glasses and bottles of coke in an attempt to water it down.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    The only mugs who will fall for this is the 'Boo the 11 minute walk-in then cheer the perez substitution and leave with 13 minutes to go' type knacker of which there was a canny few.

If on the off chance the fat c'unt is selling,then well done all involved in getting this piece of sh1t out of our club!
    ‘Canny few’ don’t be silly, it was only about 47k.

Arthur blank has ruled himself out .. It's prob all a load of Shiite as people have said . The only signing in Jan will be Rondon to free up a loan position.

The Peter Kenyon story doesn't seem to add up financially for me - Rockefeller Capital Management only manage net assets of around £10bn. That includes the value of all current assets, not how much cash they have at hand. They control advisory assets of £4bn. I can't imagine they'd want to invest that in a football club, since it'll take about a quarter of their entire wealth to get us to the point where we might - if we displace Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spurs - become a brand worth more than that sort of investment. It'd be a huge risk for a venture capitalist. These things are better left to rich individuals who just want something fun to play with, rather than firms whose entire existence depends on investing for profit - particularly when the current owner's valuation is already too high. Maybe there's someone like that who is also part of the picture, but it's difficult to say. We do know Kenyon/Rockefeller was linked a month ago so this isn't a new story, but he's also one of Ashley's mates so hard to know if he's complicit in just another PR stunt so Ashley has an excuse not to spend in January, again, again. Saying that, the Staveley-led takeover was legit, but Ashley just wouldn't play ball.

Might be other buyers lined up, as has been said, but the Kenyon thing doesn't fit for me on the surface.

If Kenyon doesn't buy it nobody will.

Other buyers either dont have the means, or they will fail premier league fit and proper tests. Ashley is toying with Kenyon to try and get more money, something he has done to several potential buyers over the past decade.

We are either stuck with Ashley, or Kenyon wins this war!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    The Peter Kenyon story doesn't seem to add up financially for me - Rockefeller Capital Management only manage net assets of around £10bn. That includes the value of all current assets, not how much cash they have at hand. They control advisory assets of £4bn. I can't imagine they'd want to invest that in a football club, since it'll take about a quarter of their entire wealth to get us to the point where we might - if we displace Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spurs - become a brand worth more than that sort of investment. It'd be a huge risk for a venture capitalist. These things are better left to rich individuals who just want something fun to play with, rather than firms whose entire existence depends on investing for profit - particularly when the current owner's valuation is already too high. Maybe there's someone like that who is also part of the picture, but it's difficult to say. We do know Kenyon/Rockefeller was linked a month ago so this isn't a new story, but he's also one of Ashley's mates so hard to know if he's complicit in just another PR stunt so Ashley has an excuse not to spend in January, again, again. Saying that, the Staveley-led takeover was legit, but Ashley just wouldn't play ball.

Might be other buyers lined up, as has been said, but the Kenyon thing doesn't fit for me on the surface.
    Like you say it tends to be wealthy individuals or families , not investors ,who buy footie teams . If I had the odd hundred million or so .. Last place it would go is on a football team .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)